Chapter 2: First Night Out

Donning the suit for the very first time gave me a sense of worth and power, power I didn't have as a CEO humanitarian. Granted it felt a bit nerve racking, but the excitement of doing this for the first time was more overwhelming than my nerves, so I turned and walked out of my house.

Walking outside, I looked out over to the city of Metropolis. It was night time and you could clearly see the buildings lit up and hear the sounds of horns honking. I bent my knees, then leaped into the air. As I hovered there for a second, I ascended higher and higher until I was over the city. From up here, I could see all of the city. With little concentration, I began picking up sounds from everywhere, horns honking, people talking, but then I heard guns going off. Tracking it with my hearing, I flew at superhuman speed in order to catch up with a high speed chase.

The guys were in a sports car shooting at a cop car at high speeds and packing serious heat. The guy in the passenger seat was hanging out the window, shooting at the squad car with a Heckler & Koch G36C with a vertical foregrip and foldable stock. I caught up with them and got up in front of them about 50ft, then landed. Turning invisible, I stood there in the middle of the road as the car came at me at high speeds. Upon impact, I was unharmed, but as for the car's engine block, it was crippled beyond repair.

I kept it on the ground with my telekinesis, so it wouldn't go flying over my head upon impact and stopped the police car behind it before it collided into the rear of the one I stopped. Making myself visible, the two in the car got out and pointed their guns at me.

"Who the hell are you?" One guy said holding his rifle at me. I was a good several feet from them.

"I'm the guy that just totaled a car's entire engine block" I said with out hesitation. The guy on the driver's side pulled out a MAC-10 and openned fire. 9mm rounds came flying out of the barrel at full auto and began bouncing off my chest. I looked down and smiled, then jokinglingly brushed my suit off.

They didn't expect me at all, nor did they expect what I did next. I lifted my hand up with superhuman speed and with my telekinesis, took their armaments out of their grasp. The weapons came flying into my hand and I grabbed them. The two were now defenseless and held their hands high in the air. I turned and saw the officers handcuff the two and I put their weapons in the trunk of the squad car before I took off so that way the cops had some evidence against the two.

Flying away from the site, I began listening for anything else that needed to be stopped. Sure enough, I heard the sounds of more guns going off, this time at Metropolis' First National Bank. Flying over there, I saw that the cops were being ambushed by these thugs holding people hostage inside the bank. Like the last two, these guys were packing some serious firepower. Without hesitation, I landed hard and made a small impact crater in the space between the cops and the thugs. All fire from the thugs were directed towards me, these guys weren't screwing around.

They kept shooting and no matter what, the bullets simply couldn't penetrate me or my suit. When their rifles weren't enough, two guys ran for a pair of set up miniguns and aimed them at me. I walked forward and as I did, these things began going off like a modern day MG-42, but with enough firepower to cut down a Sequoioideae tree. Still unscathed, I pushed one guy away from the gun with my telekinesis, then crushed the gun. I turned to the other guy's gun and used my heat vision on the gun's barrels, which caused him to let go of the gun because the grip burned his hand.

I entered his mind and caused him to pass out, then proceeded into the bank. There were at least 5 other guys in there and 20 hostages. All of these scumbags had a hostage in their arm, using them as shields and holding them at gunpoint, but I wasn't going to use my superhuman speed to get them. Instead, I stopped in the middle of the room and sat on the floor, closed my eyes and used my telepathy to enter their minds. I decided to intimidate them a bit, so with my technique of telepathic illusion, I made them think I was bringing the entire bank down on top of them with my telekinesis, which made them scared. Releasing their hostages, the 5 remaining guys ran out and the cops nabbed them.

I came out of the bank and the press ran towards me. Reporters and photographers almost surrounded me, but before they could, I leaped into the sky and flew away. Now I wasn't going to face the press just yet, however I had a plan to make myself known to everybody. With my superhearing, I found that nothing else was going on, so I headed back home and changed before going to bed.