Chapter 3: Morning Of A New Tomorrow

Despite the my first night out as Hybrid, I had a goodnight's sleep. That was thanks to my stamina, which allowed me to never get tired. I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning, laying in my bed with gold satin sheets and comforter. Now mind you I never wore pajamas to bed, in fact I hadn't worn anything to bed since I was 18. It was the most comfortable for me, even in winter because I didn't get cold. Despite this I did wear a robe as well and I used my telekinesis to bring it over to me.

I got up and put it on, then Felix came in with breakfast, my usual bacon and sunnyside up eggs. I never drank coffee, instead I drank a combination of orange juice and apple juice which was healthy for me, despite my immunity to ailments and drugs. Felix placed it down on the table as I sat down and used my telekinesis to make my bed up.

"Thank you Felix" I said to my faithful butler as I turned on the TV with the remote. As I ate, I watched Metropolis Today, a daily show hosted by Raymond Howard. I always caught it, even when I was at work.

Ray sat down and began with the news about me "Alright now welcome to Metropolis Today, I am Raymond Howard and today we got ourselves a front page story that occurred right here in our very own city of Metropolis. Now late last night, two incidences had cropped up within the city. One involved a high speed pursuit between Police and armed gunmen, who were stopped by a caucasian male with black hair, wearing a black suit, cape and wore a symbol upon his chest with similar resemblences to Supeman's.

After he thwarted the chase, he disappeared without a trace and then the second incident that cropped up was a firefight between a group of thieves and police that took place at Metropolis' First National Bank. Out of nowhere, the same guy reported in the incident prior landed in between both the thugs and the cops, becoming the target of the thugs held up in the bank. These guys shoot him with rifles and two miniguns and not a single bullet pierces his body. Subduing two guys, he walks into the bank where 5 others, holding hostages at gunpoint. Instead of stopping them, he sits down in the center of the room and then these guys get scared, release their hostages and come out of the bank screaming." Ray continued as he read the Daily Planet.

"This guy walks out of the bank and before reporters can get a statement out of him, he flies off and isn't seen after. I mean are we looking at a new Superman or are we looking at something else entirely?" Ray said as he sat back in his chair. "Now it has occurred to me that it had been 30 years since the disappearance of both the Justice League and Legion of Doom. Now with the arrival of the new guy, I'm really skeptical if the league has created him and a whole new breed to take their place." Ray said as I shut off the TV and finished breakfast.

"People are surely getting curious Master Hunter." Felix said as he turned to me, "Perhaps it would be best to have a sit down with Mr. Howard".

"That's my plan Felix" I replied politely, "There's no time like the present". I got up and went into the bathroom, activated my suit and phased through the wall with my intangibility. Once outside, I flew at superhuman speed to the studio where Howard was broadcasting at and while he was on air, I phased through the ceiling and landed gently on the floor. Everybody, even Ray gasped and I turned to my favorite talk show host.

"Morning Ray. I hope you don't mind but I was catching your show on TV and thought I'd stop by." I said to him as I approached him.

"W....Well, it's okay, in fact I welcome you on the show sir." Ray replied as he extended his hand out to me. I shook it and he offered me a seat. I graciously accepted it and sat down.

"Now everybody is wondering one simple question. What is the name that you go by?" Ray asked as he sat on his side.

"Well where Superman got his name from the general populace, I chose mine because of my physiology. My name is Hybrid." I replied as I sat back in the chair.

"Hybrid eh? Well it's nice to meet the man who took on two thugs in a highspeed pursuit and 7 guys held up in a bank" He said to me as I smiled.

"You saw a little of that did you?" I said. "Well it was my first time crime fighting".

"Yeah lots of people did. Your first time? I'm surprised" He said to me curiously.

"Well I mean I noticed lots of people looking down on the league and so I decided that enough was enough. I knew if nobody would start helping people with their gifts, then I would be the first in a new line". I said as he poured a glass of water for himself.

"Well that's a very noble gesture, but many people believe that the league just up and vanished of their own free will, leaving you to replace them. How do you explain that? He asked me, before sipping his water.

"As far as their disappearance goes, I have no part in that what so ever. Personally though, I don't think they abandoned Earth either, because they defended it for so long, why would they abandon it? I think they were whisked away by other worldly forces. I answered

Ray answered, "Well that does seem like a reasonable explanation for what happened, I mean G. Gordon Godrey believed they threw us to the wolves and left us for dead".

I replied, "G has his own opinions about what happened and I got mine, but I believe they didn't abandon us."

"Alright now it's been 30 years since all this happened and now with the arrival of you, are you prepared to defend the galaxy? He asked me curiously.

"Well I am prepared, however like Superman, I cannot go about doing it alone, which is why I'm going to begin recruiting others to defend the galaxy along side me, creating a next generation Justice League." I replied with confidence.

"A next gen league sounds like a good idea, but here's my question to you. What will stop you and your new league from being whisked away like the previous one?" He asked me with a serious tone?

"Nothing really. We can't garuntee we won't be whisked off to neverland, but I will say that if we ever do, it won't be because we abandoned the peoples of the galaxy." I replied with a serious tone.

"That does sound good, but still how can we trust you? He asked me.

"I don't expect you to, at least not yet. I mean many people didn't trust Batman or Superman initially did they? No I don't expect everyone to trust me yet, I don't believe trust to be given away, I believe it's to be earned. I replied."

Ray and I continued for the next 7 minutes of running time and then we shook hands. We thanked each other and I left the studio before going off to begin my search for other metahumans.