Chapter 8: Quarrel In The Quarry

I though Zod and his lackies were bad enough after reading about them, but now we had a Kryptonian on the run with abnormal strength, holding the US President hostage. It was clear that he wanted not only Kara, but now wanted Earth's nations to submit to his rule. Typical motive of somebody like him, he comes to a different planet and all of a sudden, he thinks himself a god amongst it's populace, at least Superman was never like that.

It was then that we recieved a transmission from him and he was broadcasting from a rock quarry outside Metropolis. "Peoples of Earth, I Vor-Zel demand for the return of my betrothed Kara Zor-El immediately and declare a challenge of personal combat to the one known as Hybrid. Should he refuse, I will be forced to take the life of the American president. You have one hour." He said as his transmission ended. I stood there and knew he was meaning business. "Jane you are in charge until I get back." I said to her. "Where are you going?" She asked me as I walked to the teleporter. "I'm going to save the president and the world." I replied as I entered the teleporter and was transported to the Hall of Justice.

From there, I flew to his location by tracking the source of his transmission. I found him at a TV Station where he had the president was being tortured by Vor-Zel. Before any real harm came to him, I flew through the wall of the building, tackled into him and went through the other wall. With him in hand, I descended extremely fast and smashed him into the ground, causing an impact crater about the size of the the sphere atop the The Daily Planet. I punched him twice, before he grabbed my fist and he sent me flying up with an uppercut.

This guy was really strong, I actually sort of felt that. "So you take the president hostage and for what? So the world can submit to your rule?" I said sacastically. "That was apart of my plan, but I also want Kara and you destroyed." He replied. "You villains are all alike." I replied, before we continued duking it out. We fought in the air for several minutes before he kicked me into a nearby rock quarry. I impacted on the rocks and literally reduced a couple to rubble. I looked up and saw he was going to strike me by coming down to Earth.

Thankfully I evaded his attack with my superhuman speed and the kicked up several feet before he fall on his back. I got up and so was he, but he jerked his head up and his eyes began glowing red. He went to blast me with his heat vision, but I blocked it with my hand and my eyes began to glow. Quickly jerking my hand down, our heat vision clashed, but his unfortunately wasn't the strongest and it blasted into his eyes, temporarily blinding hin long enough for me to get up close and punching him in both the abdomen and then the face.

He was knocked down again and I stepped back. "You could have given me what I wanted to avoid all of this, but you insist on keeping her from me!" Vor said as he got up. "First of Vor, Kara disappeared 30 years ago so how could I give you her when she is now where to be found? Secondly, even if she was here, it would be her decision whether you're her ideal husband, not yours. Sometimes I wonder if it was because of your spoiled behavior that made her leave that ship becasue she couldn't stand how much of a brat you were." I said to him trying to prove a point.

"SILENCE!" He exclaimed as he got up and almost punched me, however my arm countered his and with my other arm, I sent him flying into the wall of the quarry. I hovered over to him at super speed and grabbed him. I flung him into the ground and with one punch, knocked him out cold. Out of nowhere, Raven arrived and took Vor back to the Watchtower and placed him in a red sun cage, while I went to free the President.