Chapter 6: The Arrival

In the last several weeks, we had continued to push forward with fighting crime and with the resources available from my company, we had begun to restore the Hall of Justice as well as the Watchtower. Updating both to be more erosion and damage resistant than before, as well as advancing the outdated systems in each location.

Out of nowhere however, we were contacted by the President himself on a matter of great importance. We arrived at the White House where President Obama met with us.

"Hybrid, it is a pleasure to meet you and the new league" He said shaking my hand and the hands of the others. "Likewise Mr. President. How can we be of help?" I answered him as he turned to me. "Well I'm glad you asked Hybrid because I was contacted by N.A.S.A. It appears that a satellite sent out by them had recieved a message back from an unknown source which was in those heiroglyphs." The president said as I pointed to the pictures on his desk. I approached and looked at the photos.

"We've had our boys go through various hieroglyphs and nothing matches" He said. "They're obviously not from Earth." I replied as I realized what kind of glyphs they were. "It's Kryptonian." I said to him and he turned sharply. "You mean like the people Superman and Supergirl came from?" He asked me as he approached the chair behind the desk. "The very same sir. That means not all of them died in the planet's destruction." I said to him, "That means they're coming here and if they're hostile, the military won't be able to take them on. Only we can." I added as he nodded his head. "Which is why I sent for you and your team to help us in the event they are hostile." He said to me.

"We'll fight them to our last breath if we have to Mr. President" I assured him. "I thank you for your services Hybrid" He said and we left to prepare for the possible coming storm. When we were up on the Watchtower, we triangled the location of the transmission and estimated the arrival of a possible Kryptonian ship within 5 days time. This gave us enough time to prep the Watchtower's defenses which were blended with the technologies of virtually everyone who manned it 30 years prior.

Within 5 days, both the Watchtower and the Hall of Justice were both operational. I contacted Jane who was on the Watchtower getting a reading on the ship. It was slowly but surely in position, orbiting the moon. "Jane what's your visual on the craft?" I asked using my telepathy. "I got a visual of it orbiting the moon. It's just sitting there, but it's big" She replied. I turned and looked up and used my telescopic vision in order to see it from where I was and sure enough, it was just sitting there.

"Alright let me know if anything happens." I said. "Roger" She answered. Despite the force we had, I believed we might have a chance to take them on. Not 2 minutes later though, I got word that a smaller craft was sent down to Earth and landed at Metropolis' International Airport. I told the others to hold position unless I said otherwise and went to the airport alone.

The ship was of a good size, longer than a Blackhawk, but as tall as a single story building. As I stood there, the ship's ramp came down and a man walked over to me. He was a good 6ft tall, had short hair.

"My name is Hybrid and on behalf of the peoples of the Earth, I welcome you." I said as I greeted the Kryptonian man. "I am Qan-Zel and I represent the remnants of the great Kryptonian species." the Kryptonian man said as we shook hands. "Welcome Qan-Zel, what brings you to Earth?" I asked him curiously.

"We have been following a trail from a missing escape pod that was accidentally launched from our vessel and crashed here. We are looking for a young woman with blonde hair by the name of Zor-El." He replied to me as he placed his hands behind his back.

"Supergirl" I said. "Supergirl? Is that what the people of this planet call her?" He asked. "Well it is a name she is known by yes. Her cousin was also here too, Kal-El. Everybody called him Superman." I added.