Chapter 7: Battlefield Earth

We continued to monitor the ship while in orbit while on the Watchtower. It was an all nighter and those who couldn't keep up with exhaustion, were relieved. The next morning a small craft was sent down from the vessel, carrying Qan-Zel and they arrived at the U.N. Summit where other delegates were meeting up. Surprisingly, Vor-Zel accompanied his father to the summit and we monitored the summit on the News.

Catboy came in as we monitored the whole situation. "Anything yet?" he asked me and Jane. "Nothing yet, No signs of activity from the ship or attacks at the summit" I replied. "Well so much for your suspicions. I mean if there's not going to be an attack." He said as I turned to look at him. "Alura said he's used to getting his way because of his status as a celebrity. So he may have something up his sleeve." I replied, "I'm not going to take any chances.".

Suddelny, the alarm sounded and we turned to look at the monitor. Sure enough, Kryptonian forces were heading towards Earth and so with out hesitation, I ordered the league to teleport to Earth and take the forces, head on. There were a good 300 heavy troopers and they had jettisoned from their ships so they could begin taring apart the city with powers bestowed to them under Earth's yellow sun.

Any of us who could fly took on their forces head on, however I ordered Batman and Catboy to stop Vor-Zel at the summit before anyone was harmed. Despite their overwhelming forces, we were able to combat most of them before they got down on the ground, however they some managed to get through our defenses as we combated them.

I looked down and noticed that there were others combating the Kryptonians on the ground and I was surprised to see who was combating them. The members of the league, Young Justice and Teen Titans had joined the fight, which made me happy to know.

"The Titans, Young Justice and any other member of the old league has joined the fight." I said to them, "Let's wrap this up". They nodded and we continued battling the remaining Kryptonian forces before there were none left. The league landed on the ground and met up with the others.

"Well I didn't expect to see you back in action" I said to them. "We saw what was happening and we decided that it was too much for you to handle on your own." Superboy said. "Well we appreciate any assistance you can offer us. Now it's time for us to met up with Batman and Catboy at the Summit." I said and we all headed for the summit building. Once we arrived, we saw that Vor-Zel had escaped and took the president along with them. Catboy and Batman were out of the fight, had a few broken bones, but thankfully not dead.

"Raven, Corefire, get Batman and Catboy to the Watchtower for medical treatment." I said to Raven and Corefire, who nodded. Corefire took Batman and Raven took Catboy, then Raven created a portal which they used to teleport up to the tower. We found Qan-Zel dead under a pile of rubble. His neck was broken like a toothpick and it was caused with little strength. I knew who did it and because of his abnormal strength, I wasn't going to risk anyone else but myself to defeat him.