Chapter 7

When the Host Club opened their doors after their long search for Mariska, none, including Tamaki, seemed to be able to find their character. Even Haruhi was having a hard time staying in character. Finally, after a while, the customers had all left them to their despair. However, none seemed more effected than Mori senpai. Finally, Tamaki spoke.
"We should go looking for her again. It is our duty as gentlemen to save a lady in distress." Kyoya shook his head.
"Or we could just leave it to my family's private police force." Haruhi stopped and looked at him.
"You were almost engaged to her, weren't you, Kyoya?" He pushed his glasses back in place and answered.
"Guilty as charged, but I knew I wouldn't be a good match for her. She was much too kind and gentle for my taste. Also, when I heard that Mori's family was interested in her, I withdrew immediately and put in a good word for Mori. Though, I never dreamed something like this would come from my choice." Hikaru shook his head.
"It isn't anyone's fault what happened except for Mr. Onikan's." Karou nodded in agreement.
"He should have know that calling this much attention to her would bring trouble. As far as we know, she never wanted any of this." With that, Mori's face dropped.
"Yeah." Hunny, sensing Mori's distress, spoke up.
"But I do know that she loves Takashi." Haruhi nodded in agreement.
"I spoke with her just last night, and she said she was glad that Mori senpai was chosen. She said that she likes him even more than any other suitor her father had ever offered and that she feared for his safety. She wouldn't ever hurt Mori, but she knows that he could get hurt, so I told her that he had us and his family. We're her friends, and we won't let anything happen to her, and neither will Mori senpai." Mori sat there, staring in shock at Haruhi as Tamaki rushed up and, picking her up, spun her around.
"What a good friend you are, Haruhi! Daddy's sooooooo proud of you." Without warning, Mori senpai tensed and turned, glaring, towards the doors. There stood a heavy breathing Ritsu Kasanoda, who looked as though he had run all the way from the front gates. Despite the obvious hostility, Ritsu spoke.
"It's Mariska... She needs our help." As he collapsed into a chair, he told the Host Club everything from when he saw Mariska and Mori together to the flower pot incident to his father's men kidnapping Mariska. Upon hearing this, Mori grabbed Ritsu by the collar and lifted him into the air.
"You dared hurt Mariska in such a way? You can't say you love her if you did all these things out of blind jealousy. All you've done is hurt her and cause her grief. That is the worst you could have ever done to her: betray her." Haruhi grabbed Mori's arm and gently tugged at him.
"Mori senpai, put him down. He can help us find Mariska!" Hunny nodded, even though his face was dark and grim.
"Even if he brought all this on us, Haruhi is right. He knows where Mariska is, and he can help us get to her." Mori seemed to calm down a little as he set Ritsu down. Kyoya took the opportunity to step up.
"What happened after your father's men took her to your home?" Ritsu lowered his gaze.
"Some men from the Sendo syndicate somehow broke into our estates, looking for Tetsuya, but they were discovered before that could find him. In the mad rush, they took Mariska hostage, saying that we return Tetsuya or we never see Mariska again. Only thing is, despite the obvious danger, Tetsuya refuses to go back, even though he wants to help Mariska as well. Please, I know what I did was wrong, but I need help. I can't betray Tetsuya, and I can't let Mariska get hurt. Please, help me save her." Everyone stood there, frozen in shock, until Kyoya finally spoke.
"Unfortunately, this is a little far past our help." Tamaki shook his head.
"No, we can't give up now. We must save Mariska and help this Tetsuya end this fight with his former syndicate." Kyoya turned to face Tamaki.
"And how do you plan on taking on an entire syndicate, may I ask? At best, we can enlist my family's private police force, or we can leave this to the Kasanoda syndicate, but this is far beyond our reach, Tamaki. Tangling with a syndicate would be like dancing with death." Hikaru smiled a little.
"Hey, Kyoya, you know almost everything about every family with money involved with this school, right?" Kyoya huffed a little.
"You insult me by asking, Hikaru. Of course I do." Karou smiled as he glance from his brother to Kyoya.
"Then you have to know quiet a bit about this Sendo syndicate. Maybe even enough to figure out the best way to outsmart them?" Kyoya raised an eyebrow at them.
"I know exactly what you two are getting at, and, yes, I could, but I won't. That type of plan would require a large amount of martial arts knowledge." Hunny looked up at Kyoya.
"Takashi and I can handle any foe we face, no matter how many there are." Sighing, Kyoya shook his head and answered.
"Very well then, but I promise nothing. I still say this is a very bad idea and that we should leave this to a professional." Haruhi smiled a little.
"I knew you had it in you, Kyoya senpai. You just needed people who believe in you." He smiled a little and nodded.
"But, first, I will need to do some research. Which means I will need about an hour of total silence..."