Meeting the Family

"Wait, WHAT?!?" Mariska stepped back in shock as she stared at Mori in disbelief. "Your family wants me to come over and meet the Haninozukas...? Dad never said anything about that!" He nodded as she started to sway a little. Hunny laughed and spun around her, making her dizzy.
"Because our families are so close, it's natural for us to approve engagements of each other! And, don't worry, Mari-chan. My family is bound to love you!" Hikaru and Karou watched her closely as she went from red to pale and shook their heads.
"We still don't see what the big deal is. It's just like meeting the parents." Mariska shook her head.
"I've only met Takashi's dad once, and that was when we were introduced to each other and betrothed. I've never met his mom or his brother, Satoshi. What makes you think I can do this?!?" Karou sighed and shook his head.
"First of all, you could dress up the best you could. Our mother could help with that..." Mariska lowered her gaze a bit as he continued. "...since your mother's been dead for almost 3 years, now." Haruhi looked over at Mariska.
"You lost your mom, too?" Mariska nodded.
"She died when I was a first year. That day, dad swore he'd have me betrothed during my third year so that I could marry as soon as I was done at the university." Haruhi smiled at her.
"If you want, I can help you get ready. I may not have much taste for myself, but I know that I can make you look as amazing as ever." Mariska smiled at her friend.
"Thank you, but father's already got that covered. He hired some stylists to come in earlier this week and special design an outfit. He's almost as worried as I am." Kyoya smiled a little.
"That's interesting, really. Is he that afraid that Haninozuka will dislike you?" Hunny shook his head.
"Dad was talking about the meeting last night, and he said that he was sure you were lovely and that this meet is meaningless, but Takashi's dad was insistent on him meeting you to see for himself. He also said that, if he thought it was a good idea, you guys could be married by next school year." Mariska paled as she looked over at Mori.
"Why wasn't this mentioned before...?" He placed his hands on her shoulders.
"I didn't want to worry you." Mariska took a deep breath and heaved a sigh.
"Now, I'm not sure what I'm more worried about: meeting the Haninozukas or getting married. Not that I don't want to get married, but doesn't it seem like they're rushing things?" Kyoya shook his head.
"After everything that happened last month with the Sendo and the Kasanoda syndicate, I can actually see where they're coming from." Mariska sighed and shook her head as she sat down in a chair, feeling light headed.
"I know father worries, and I know that all probably freaked Morinozuka out, but..." She looked up at the others. "I'll admit, I was scared, too, but this scares me almost as much as everything that happened." Tamaki smiled gently at her.
"My dear Mariska... You miss the point of all this. Our dear friend, Mori, is the one who is advocating all of this." Her jaw dropped as she looked up at Mori.
"Really?" He nodded.
"I want to be sure you won't be taken from me again. I couldn't bear the idea of losing you." She lowered her gaze and thought about what he said.
She was kidnapped so that she would end up marrying Ritsu instead, only to be abducted from her kidnappers and offered to marry someone else. The whole idea threw her head in for a whirl. The sooner she was married, the sooner all this fighting may stop. She sighed and nodded as she stood.
"You're right... If it will ensure our future together, then I support your decision." Everyone, including Mori, looked surprised. Hikaru and Karou spoke first.
"That's odd... We all thought for sure you'd be upset by that news." Mariska shook her head.
"Let's face it... All I seem to do is get myself in trouble. It may be best to let Mori decide what he think is best for us." Tamaki smiled a little as he teared up.
"That's so brave... Finally realizing your role as the damsel in distress and allowing Mori to play his part as the prince charming. Oh, imagine the final outcome... Mori carrying you off into the sunset, knowing that, no matter what tomorrow brings, you will always trust in him no matter what happens." Haruhi rolled her eyes.
"Tamaki, come on..." Tamaki finally cleared up the act.
"To help this meet become a success, I suggest we all plan on being there." Mariska looked at Mori, who raised an eyebrow at Tamaki before shooting her a helpless look, and grinned.
"I have a better idea..."