Chapter 10

When Mariska woke up, she heard the beeping of machinery and looked around. She was in a hospital room, and someone's slumped in a chair nearby. When the person moved, she saw it was Mori. Immediately, she started to get up, but her right arm hurt too much to support her weight. So, she fell back and watched him sleep for a bit.
For someone who had fought so aggressively, he seemed really sweet when he slept. She soon found herself smiling up until her father came in.
"I don't care if she's awake or not, I want to see my daughter." She turned her head and looked at him as Mori jerked awake. Seeing that she was awake, Onikan hit his knees by her side. "Hey... How're you feeling?" She smiled a little at him.
"My shoulder hurts, but I'm okay." Mori knelt beside Onikan and bowed his head.
"I'm sorry... It's my fault you got hurt." Onikan shook his head as he patted Mori on the shoulder.
"No, my boy, you were doing as you should to protect Mariska. It's not your fault you were overpowered." He raised an eyebrow as he looked at Mariska. "Though, I would love to know why you jumped in the way and tried to stop them from shooting him." Mariska lowered her gaze.
"I couldn't watch him get hurt, Father. I just... I..." She sighed, knowing that trying to say anything but what she felt was pointless. "I love him." Onikan smiled as he looked between the two of them.
"As it should be..." With that, he left the room. Mori looked her in the eye as he spoke.
"You didn't have to stop them. You could have been hurt a lot worse." She kept her gaze down as she nodded.
"I know, and I'm sorry. I was just so afraid..." Mori rested his head on her good shoulder, trembling slightly.
"I was afraid when I saw you drop. I thought that... That..." Mariska nodded.
"I know... I'm sorry." He looked up at her and met her gaze.
"Promise me, no matter what, that you will never put yourself in harm's way again." She nodded silently. "I promise I will protect you as long as I live, Mariska, just, please, don't make it to where I will fail you." She nodded again as his gaze grew needy and desperate. "I love you, Mariska, and I don't want to see you get hurt." She teared up a little as she nodded.
"I love you, too, Takashi, and I promise not to do that ever again." He smiled and closed his eyes as he rested his head on her shoulder again, and the two of them fell asleep.

"Takashi was worried sick about Mariska, Kyoya, but something tells me you were, too." Kyoya raised an eyebrow as he looked down at Hunny.
"Maybe for the sake of I felt somewhat responsible. I knew that Mariska's case would be a complicated one, especially with her father's line of work, but I trusted that Mori would grow find of her and take good care of her. Therefore, I neglected to warn him and her father of the possible dangers ahead." Tamaki walked down the hall with his hands in his pockets.
"It couldn't be helped, Kyoya. We all know that if you had, Mori and Mariska would both be upset by the sudden attention they would be getting." Hunny nodded in agreement.
"Now that I think about it, I think Takashi knew what he was getting into. I just think he didn't say anything cause he didn't want us to worry." Hikaru and Karou shrugged.
"Mori thinks he's invincible, and he's always fighting to protect others, but he never thinks for himself." Haruhi nodded.
"And Mariska us almost the exact opposite. She knows she's incapable of defending herself, and she knows she needs help, but she always worried about other more." Hunny looked up at Tamaki.
"Do you think they'll be alright, Tama-chan?" Tamaki smiled down at him.
"Of course, Hunny... They're perfect for each other, and they have us. We'll always be there to help them." Hunny smiled.
"That's good."

HEY, SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT, BUT IT ABOUT WRAPS UP THIS PART OF THE STORY. FROM NOW ON, ANY ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS WILL BE INDIVIDUAL "EPISODES" INVOLVING TAKASHI AND MARISKA. IN THE MEANTIME, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! COMMENT BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THE REST OF THEIR STORY!

THANKS FOR READING!