Chapter 6

I was so excited to see all of the votes and comments on the last chapter! (I probably looked like a kid who just got a lolly pop.) And I really don't know who to dedicate it to *sob* I'm torn. But I'm going to have to go with enchantressXII simply because she gave me ideas even though I didn't heed them. :P :D

Ryia gasped. The poster said that they were looking for a girl with light brown hair, a green eye and a blue eye, medium height, and sixteen years old.

"Are my eyes different colored?" she looked from the poster to Gillian. Her eyes didn't feel like they were different colors.

Gillian nodded, his hands crossed over his chest.

She looked down at the parchment again. "Is my name Evelyn?"

Gillian nodded again, his hostile appearance never wavering.

"And I'm wanted for...for sorcery?" she looked at Gillian again.

"Yes, apparently you are." he replied curtly. "Don't tell me you don't know." he almost sneered.

"I didn't." she looked up at him with her naive eyes. "I truly didn't. I would have told you if I had known, but I didn't know."

She looked back into his eyes, hoping he'd believe her.

"Don't look at me like that!" he yelled and angrily ran a hand through his hair.

Ryia's eyes got wider. "Like what?"

"Like that!" he looked as if it were obvious.

Ryia shook her head. "I'm sorry, Gillian, I don't know!"

Gillian let out a exasperated grunt. "You're always pretend you're so innocent and ignorant. But you're not! I know what you're trying to do!"

"I'm sorry! I don't know!" she tried to keep her tears back. "I don't even know who I am."

Gillian threw the paper down at the ground and stormed off in the opposite direction of her.

Ryia let the tears fall. What had she done? Was she really a sorceress? Was her mother a witch? Was she running away from the law?

Maybe she should have just turned herself in. It isn't too late. I could still turn myself in.

She hurried back inside.

~~~

Gillian kicked a stone and it went flying a good twenty feet. "She should have told me! All this time, she's been a sorceress!"

And to think that you bought her cloth for her dresses. he scowled. He was disgusted. He had succumbed to her entrancing eyes, her smile, her everything.

He continued walking until he came to the bank of his stream. He wished he had never gone riding that morning. He wished he had never found her. He wished that everything were different. He wished that she was just a girl. Maybe she is just a girl. Ever think of that?

"But the poster said-"

Since when does Gillian McCormack believe everything that posters say? Who says they're not just making things up? Father was considered a wizard just because he had the ability to heal people. Maybe her mother was a healer.

"Maybe maybe maybe." he muttered. "But she still lied!" his face contorted.

What if she truly didn't remember? How could she be lying with those innocent eyes?