Chapter 18

You guys are horrible. I was reading through my book yesterday and I came across SO MANY ERRORS! YOU GUYS!!! You are supposed to help me eliminate those confusing sentences and typos!! 

So...you're going to tell me if I ever have confusing stuff in my book...*parenting look* right? Good. You had better. 

Is my new cover awesome or what? Yeah I thought so. :) I just didn't really like my other one. :P Thanks to FaustianContract for making me a new one.

 "Gillian! Gillian!" Maria's voice cut through Gillian's slumber like a hot knife through butter. "Markus needs your help!"

"What?" Gillian rubbed his eyes and sat up. When had he fallen asleep? He remembered setting down Ryia's tray, then eating his food, and then resting his head on the table for a minute.

I've really got to stop falling asleep without realizing it, he shook his head to clear his brain.

"Your horse is trying to kick down our barn!" she squealed.

Gillian shot out of the chair. "He's what?" he didn't wait for an answer and bolted out the door, towards the barn. "Red?"

A part of the barn was wobbling as if an earthquake were shaking it. "Red!" he ran into the barn, towards Red's stall.

Red neighed, the kicking stopped, and his head popped out at the sound of hearing his master's voice.

"That-" Markus let out a long string of unpleasant words about Red, "-horse! He almost knocked my whole barn down!"

"I'm extremely sorry Mr. Jolly! I don't know what came over him, he isn't usually like this, he's just not used to this barn and," he looked back at Red and almost choked on his own spit, "he's got lice."

He looked in horror back at Markus and repeated himself. "He's got lice."

Mr. Jolly's expression mirror Gillian's. "Maria! Gillian's horse done got lice! Maria! You hear me?"

Maria came jogging out of house. "What's wrong?"

"Lice Maria! Gillian's horse has lice!" Markus yelled from the barn.

Maria's eyes went wide. "Lice you say? Well clean him up!" she turned tail and went back inside, leaving Markus and Gillian to deal with Red.

"Red has lice?" Ryia came walking out the door in her night dress. "Poor Red!" she started walking down the steps from the house, down to the pathway that led to the barn.

"Ryia, get back inside!" Gillian shouted.

"But I want to see Red!" she lifted up her dress so she wouldn't get dirt on the hem of the dress.

"Get back inside, Ryia. You're sick!" Gillian waved his hand at her for extra emphasis.

She frowned. "But I want to see Red!" she kept walking towards the barn.

Gillian rolled his eyes and sighed before he trudged out of the barn, over to Ryia where he picked her up, and marched her right back into the house and into the bedroom.

"Gillian!" Ryia furrowed her eyebrows. "I wanted to see Red!" she sounded quite different with a plugged nose and thick throat.

"Well you can't until you're better." he set her down on the bed.

Ryia took a deep breath. Count to ten, Ryia, count to ten.

"Gillian I want to see Red!" she exploded and puffed out her cheeks and sat up from her bed.