Chapter 21

"Is she dead?" they ask.

"It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!" she sits up and posts the next chapter.

lol that probably made no sense. In other words, I'm not dead, and yes, I did get 50K+ words done! :D Yay me! I'm going to go enter into a contest...

Enjoy this chapter!

 Ryia yawned and sat up. Today was the day that they would up and leave the Jolly's hospitable home. Her sore throat was mostly gone, her drippy nose was gone, and for the most part felt well enough to travel.

She sniffed. "Bacon."

Gillian rolled over and rubbed his eyes. "Did someone say bacon?"

She grinned and got out of bed. "I thought I smelled it. It must be our going away breakfast."

She sighed wistfully. "It's too bad we have to leave so soon."

Gillian grunted and stood up, folding his blanket. "Yep. We've got to get a move on."

He probably wants to get rid of me as soon as he can, she thought sadly. I shouldn't be so much of a bother to him.

"I know what you're thinking and you're wrong." Gillian cut in. "I just don't want the officers catching up with us."

Ryia looked at Gillian with wide eyes. That man reads minds.

He laughed softly at her expression and fluffed her hair on his way out of the bedroom.

He probably just said that to make you feel better, she shook her head and walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where Maria was frying the bacon.

"Where did my red dress go?" she asked Maria.

"Um." Maria looked back at Ryia. "It's hanging out on the line. I washed it yesterday and forgot to take it down."

"Alright, thank you." she smiled and turned to go out the door.

"Gillian! Go help Ryia get her dress off the line!" she yelled.

"I'm right here." Gillian muttered from the table and got up. "You don't need to yell."

Maria rolled her eyes.

They both went outside to the clothing line, and Gillian took down her dress. "There you go."

"Thank you." she took it and went back inside the house, and into the bedroom to change.

"Is breakfast ready?" Gillian hopped up the back steps and into the kitchen where he sat down on a chair.

"Almost." Maria mumbled as she stood over the fire.

She stood up and set the food on the table. "Now we're ready to eat. Ryia! We're ready to eat!"

"Gillian!" Ryia called timidly from the bedroom. "I need help."

Gillian sat there for a moment, his eyebrow raised.

"Well don't just sit there, go help here!" Maria kicked his shin.

He stood up opened the door to the bedroom. "You called?"

She stood in her red dress, struggling to get the laces tied.

"This seems vaguely familiar." Gillian murmured and he tied the laces. Our wedding day if my memory is correct. Which I'm positive it is.

Ryia nodded silently, as if remembering it herself.