Chapter 22

Things you should know.

1. I'm sick and I demand pity.

2. I did finish the NaNoWriMo on time, I'm just not going to publish the chapters all at once.

3. 99% of the names in my book are thought up on the spot. Goodbye baby name books.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd. Enjoy!

 Ryia heard someone yell. "He's out cold!"

She stood up from where she had been sitting and ran out the door, into the night where Gillian lay.

She glanced and his bloody arm and head. "Somebody go get help! I need clean bandages, hot water and an cyote salve. And hurry!"

Some men were dragging the crazed, fat man away, after an man instigated it.

She looked around at the dispersing crowd. "Can someone please help me carry him inside?"

The older man who instigated the arrest of the fat man, who had graying hair and kind blue eyes walked over to where Gillian lay. "Need help you say?"

Ryia nodded and sniffed.

The elderly man picked up Gillian with ease and carried him inside, all the time muttering something about how he knew that Crimer would someday blow up.

She assumed that Crimer was the man who had tried to kiss her and tried to kill Gillian.

"We need one room." the older looked back at Ryia. "You're married right?"

Ryia nodded.

"Put it on my tab." the man told the other man behind the counter.

"Room twelve." the man behind the counter handed them a key.

Ryia took the key, as the old man had enough trouble trying to carry Gillian's limp body.

They walked up the stairs and she unlocked room number twelve, opening the door for the man.

"Thank you, Mister..um." she paused, waiting for him to give her his last name.

"Clems. Johannes Clems. The village's marshal." he set Gillian down on the bed. "I'll go inform the others that you're in room twelve."

Ryia's eyes were wide. "Thank you Mr. Clems."

A young girl ran into her room, bringing some hot water, and bandages with her. "Here you are missus."

She deposited them at the end of the bed and quickly ran back out of the room, leaving Ryia alone with Gillian.

Not long after that, the girl came back with the cyote salve.

"Thank you." Ryia called after her.

"Here goes nothing." she rolled her sleeves up and hurried to get Gillian patched up.

~~~

Ryia felt a tap on her knee. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes.

She saw Gillian's blue eyes staring back at her. "You look grumpy when you're asleep."

"You're awake!" if she hadn't been so glad he was awake, she would have scolded for being so rude.

"Yep I'm awake." he used his arm to prop himself up, pain contorted his face and he collapsed back on the bed. "That hurt." he grunted and closed his eyes in pain.

"Are you alright?" she stood up and checked out his arm. "You shouldn't be using your arm. You're hurt."

"Yeah, I remember that." he groaned. "What happened to the guy? How did I get up here? And how long have I been out?"