7

A/N: I'm baaaaaack. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long but life's been crazy. I've been through a lot of shit and I haven't had the time or the energy to write but I'm gonna try to be a little more consistent in my posting for all of my stories. I'm also editing all of them to look like normal books. 

Nate lead me to the nearby park and we sat down at the picnic table. "I thought you were going to teach me?" I asked frustrated. 

"I am" he said.

"Then why are we at a park?" I asked.

"Because you need to learn how to isolate certain voices within your head. To do that you need to be in a populated area." he explained to me calmly.

"Oh okay I guess that makes sense. So what do I do?" I said still not really knowing what to make of this whole situation.

"Close your eyes and focus on the buzzing noise. I'm going to project a thought to you and you need to isolate it, separate from all the other voices." he explained to me.

"Okay I can do that...I think." I said a little nervous to be honest.

"I know you can you've done it before when you were a kid. I just need to retrain you. Are you ready?" he said encouragingly. 

"As I'll ever be." I said preparing myself. I closed my eyes and focused on the buzzing noise like Nate told me to do. Then almost on instinct I started separating the voices and I start hearing words pop out. I can't really hear sentences just jumbled up words from multiple different voices. 'Okay focus you've gotta find Nate's voice' I thought to myself. So I start searching through all the voices there still just garbled words but they sound very distinct. Then I hear what I think is Nathaniel and I focus in on his voice in particular blocking out all the others, and try to piece together his sentence. I think he's saying 'Let's go for a swim'.
"Ha ha no. If you couldn't tell I can't swim." I said to him, amazed at what I just did. I just read someone's mind!

"Well we'll have to fix that, but that aside congrats you successfully read my mind." he said giving me a little side ways hug.

"Yeah I guess I did...I guess you were right about me."  I said kind of in shock. I can't believe he was telling the truth this whole time! 

"I told you I was. Now it is getting a little late so why don't you go home and please continue to practice this." he said patting me on the knee and standing up. I take a look at my watch and see that Nate is right we've been here for almost an hour and a half and school is long since over. "Yeah well bye Nate" I said giving him a full on hug which he gladly returned.

"Goodbye Marian." he said sounding almost sad. As I head back home I realize that my dad's gonna be pissed at me so I start running when I get back there he is sitting on the couch, arms folded, look really mad.

"Hey dad how's it going?" I asked nervously knowing the answer.

"Don't hey dad me where have you been? I got a call from the school saying you missed your last period class! Where were you?" he exclaimed sounding really mad.

"Well I kinda got attacked by one of the other students but luckily a friend of mine was there and he helped me and then we left to hang out." I said nervously looking at my feet.

"Wait another student attacked you and you thought it was a good idea to just leave without reporting it? Who was this kid do I know him?" sounding more worried than mad.

"No he's a new kid and to be perfectly honest he's kinda creepy." I said dismissively. 

"That's it I'm reporting this to the school! What's the kid's name?" he says walking over to the phone and picking it up.

"No it's fine dad I don't want to make it worse and besides everyone loves this kid and there weren't any witnesses so I doubt anyone will believe me. I'll be fine don't worry." I said taking the phone from him and putting it back in the holder.

"Are you sure because this is serious and I don't want you getting hurt." he said.

"Yes dad I'm sure." I say giving him a hug that he returned. 

"Alright...so who was this friend you saved you do I know him?" he asked as we walked back to the couch sitting down.

"No you don't. I met him the other day at the beach and his name is Nathaniel. We made some last minute plans to hang out today, he just showed up early." I said hoping he doesn't try to pry more.

"Oh I see" he says. 

"I know what your thinking dad and there isn't anything going on between us he's gay and has a very serious boyfriend." I say to keep my dad from going off on a rant about responsibilities.

"Oh alright. Well start getting your homework done dinner will be ready soon." he say giving me a kiss on my head.

"Alright" I say going up to my room. After getting my homework done and dinner I went to bed.

Dream
I find myself floating in the water but I wasn't drowning I was breathing. I look down only to find that for my waist down every thing looked hazy and I couldn't really make anything out. Then I feel something pulling at my arm and I look up to see a young mermaid with a violet tail and long brunette hair. She appeared to be about 6 or 7 years old. "Come on Irina come play with me!" said the little girl/mermaid.

"Who are you?" I asked extremely confused.

"Come on Irina we have to be quick before your father sees us." she says again looking concerned. Suddenly she has this look of terror on her face from something behind me. "He's coming! Hide!" she exclaims. 

"What do you mean?  Who's coming? Who are you?" I ask a little scared. As she started swimming away I heard a man yelling. He sounded furious and I instantly felt an extreme fear deep in my stomach. I started swimming as fast as I could but it seemed like the voice kept getting closer and closer. The water goes from light to dark in a instant and I could feel someone grab my arm hard and I jolted awake. I'm panting and my body is covered in sweat. Who was that girl and who was she so afraid of. Then I remember that Nathaniel mentioned something about weird dreams when we first met. I'll make sure to ask him about it when we meet next. Right now I just want to go back to sleep and I hope that my dreaming is done for the night.