3

Picture is Nathaniel -->

I didn't know what to say. I mean what can you say to someone who is obviously crazy and claiming that your mother was a mermaid queen?

"Is this some sort of sick joke?" I asked. 

"What?! No I would never-"

I don't let him finish "Do you honestly expect me to believe that?! Are you insane?!" I ask furious. What kind of a person does this to someone!

"Listen I understand that this is a lot to take in right now and, in answer to your question, I do not expect you to believe me but I can prove to you that what I am saying is the truth." Nathaniel says trying to calm me down.

"Okay what's your proof?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Would you mind coming a bit closer to me?" he asks. I didn't really know what to do. I wanted to get the hell away from this guy but I had a feeling that Nathaniel wouldn't leave me alone if I did so I decided to step closer to Nathaniel and see what his proof was. When I got about an arms length away for him Nathaniel pulled me really close to him and looked at me with apologetic eyes. "I am sorry I have to do this Princess." he says almost regretfully.

"Do what?" I asked feeling even more uncomfortable. Then he picked me up and tossed me into the pool. Oh and I think that I forgot to mention that we were standing at the deep end of the pool and I don't know how to swim. When I hit the water I immediately started to sink and I started to panic trying to swim back up. Then I started to feel this tingling sensation on the sides of my neck and I almost felt like I was breathing. I lifted my hand to the side of my throat and felt three little slits on the side of it. I was so distracted that I had what felt like gills that I hadn't realized how long I had been down there until I saw, what I assume to be, Nathaniel's hand in the water. I try my best to swim up and manage to grab his hand and he pulled me out of the water. When I had gotten back on dry land I shakily stood up and glared at Nathaniel fuming.

"What the hell were you thinking! I could have died!" I exclaim. 

"I am very sorry, but that was the only way I could think of to prove to you that what I am saying is true." he says sounding extremely sorry.  

"Oh really? How does throwing me into a pool prove that I'm a mermaid?" I ask still furious.

"Well you were down there for at least five minutes. Much longer than any other human." he says.

"Well what about that guy that holds the world record?" I ask 

"That man has 2 thing that you don't. Training and he hyperventilated with pure oxygen before he went under." he says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I knew he had a point and I did feel the gill like slits on the sides of my neck, but all of this was just too crazy mermaids don't exist. I had to get more information out of this guy so I just decided to go with it.

"Okay so say I actually believe what you're saying. Why come to me now? Was it only because my mother died, and how did you find me in the first place?" I ask.

"I have known of your whereabouts for about a year now. When I informed Queen Cecilia of your location she insisted that I do nothing. She believed that there had been a powerful spell cast on you." he says.

"Queen Cecilia? Was that my mother? What kind of spell?" I ask firing off all the questions that came to mind.

"Yes your mother's name was Cecilia Evington. The spell she suspected was cast on you was a spell that gives a merperson legs even when they are in water until they turn 18 and regain their tail." he says.

"Why would someone do that to me?" I ask. 

"I honestly have no idea but you're going to be turning 18 in about 2 months" he says.

I'm a What?! (Slow Updates)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें