Chapter 1

Mike

(My Idea of how Mike looks like, John Cena)

With the last bunch of the Carter's wedding guests leaving the reception hall, I was finally off shift. I'd made sure to see that Mr. Roche and his husband got on their way before the multitude of guests along with two of my most trusted guards. Another pair were sent off on the extravagant European honeymoon to provide security detail for Mr. Carter and his little Gavin. Mr. Jennings and Miss. Madison were still on the premises settling the accounts with the event planners and vendors. Joseph was still in the Grand Hotel as well, he had refused to go home or accompany his best friend, Corey to the club for the remainder of the evening.

I was kind of worried about him. I was concerned because Joseph had put on a brave face in front of everyone, and he had jumped right into the festivities. But I couldn't help but to wonder if underneath all that cheer, was he really feeling awkward or upset watching Damien marry Gavin in such a over the top romantic event?

We haven't had time to be together, just he and I. We haven't had the chance to truly talk to one another with events of the past couple of weeks leading up to Damien and Gavin tying the knot today. I haven't had the opportunity to suss out his true feelings about his previous relationship with Damien and Gavin.

To be honest, I was dying to know what happened between them that caused them to part ways. I already had my own assumptions about the break up, Damien held nothing back when he warned me to take care of Joseph, but in reality I don't think that even Damien understood why Joe would walk away from what they had.

It was more than obvious, actually I should day it's still obvious that Mr. Carter still had deep feelings for Joseph, and so does Gavin. He had all but come out and said that if I ever slipped up, then they would have no problem taking Joseph away from me. I had tried my best to fight the surge of insecurity that surged through my veins when he had made that little announcement, and my face emotions as well as my body language in check. There was nothing I wanted more than to spend some personal time with the gorgeous man, and stake my claim, now that I finally have the chance to do so.

With my goal for the evening firmly set in my mind, I made one last walk through the suite of rooms used by Gavin and his wedding party before he walked down the Isle. I found several items that had me shaking my head. Over the years of working for the triple threat, Mr. Roche, Mr. Carter, and Mr. Jennings. I am sure there is nothing in the world that can shock me ever again, at least when it comes to kink, the naughty subs vying for their attentions, and the BDSM lifestyle.

I stuffed yet another toy inside the duffle bag I was carrying for that purpose. I was going to leave all of it for Gavin to sort through when he returns from his honeymoon. I had to shake my head as a reminiscent smile curved my lips. Thinking back, I recalled meeting Mr. Roche for the first time. God, that must have been almost eighteen years ago.

Coming home after only serving up five years worth of my very soul to Uncle Sam was not what I had signed up for when I had enlisted in the military. I had no choice but to accept my fate after receiving my medical release from the Army Rangers. They had no more use for a sniper who refused to mindlessly take out his target, be it man, woman, or child on their specific orders. I was lucky that they chose to give me a medical discharge due to severe post traumatic stress disorder, instead of outright court marshaling me for insubordination, therefore gaining myself a dishonorable discharge instead. The stigma of that scenario would have followed me for life.

Nonetheless, there had been chip on my shoulder a mile wide when I had come home. I only stayed home long enough to see a therapist and slowly work through the rewiring of my brain, undoing the disastrous levels of brainwashing that only the military can accomplish. My mother spent the entire visit coddling me to death until I couldn't stand it anymore.