Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Micah's Penthouse Bedroom)

**Warning, I know this story is a majorly an m/m novel, but I did inform you that there will be m/f scenes in this book as well. I know some people who read m/m do not like reading about male and female parts touching, if you are one of those then this chapter is not for you. Just know that Bethany and Micah do the do and wait for the next chapter. All in all if you do choose to read it. I hope you like it. Fair warning, you should be in a private, quiet place when reading this chapter. Enjoy, xoxo Dianna** 

Bethany

Anxiety, desire, heart palpitations, trepidation, and plain old animalistic lust were just a few words I could use to describe the multiple mental and physical manifestations my mind and body were experiencing. Sitting in the seat across from the cause of my roiling emotions in the back of Micah's car, I tried my best to calm my nerves. His driver was efficiently chauffeuring us towards his penthouse condo.

Through all of the years, I can count on the fingers of one hand how many of times I've visited Micah's home, and it's by his choice tonight that he was taking me there, and that in itself was very telling. I knew for a fact that Micah has never taken a fuck buddy to his place. His home was his sanctuary, the place he found peace from the demons raging in his mind.

Upon making the decision to take this next step in my relationship with this man, and if I was going to be honest with myself, this has been years in the making. I've just been too chicken shit to do anything about it until now. But Micah wasn't ready back then to fully trust me. I'm wasn't too sure if he's ready now, but I hoping he is seeing that I'm on my way to his house. Despite the frostbite tingling over my toes threatening full on cold feet. But I was determined to see this through.

Micah has owned my heart since the day he'd taken my hand at the club and showed me around the upper floors. We've been dancing around each other for far too long. Once and for all I'm going to prove to this man that he could open his beautiful heart and let me in. I'd gladly die before I hurt him or give him reason not to trust that my intentions towards him comes from a place deep within my heart and soul.

Micah's trust issues with women stemmed from a line of failed relationships with the fairer sex, starting with his mother leaving him and his father for greener pastures when he was just old enough to remember her and miss her. Then you would think the fates would have been kinder to him because of that loss, but no. Every love interest, fuck buddy or female he'd opened up to or tried to have relatinship with have let him down, fucked him over, or chased him for the wrong reasons, namely his money.

That's when Micah fully claimed his bisexuality, and started having hook-ups with men versus the society driven normalcy he'd been trying to conform to by dating only women. It didn't help that Micah's taste in both women and men were crap. He always chose the needy types, the ones always looking for someone to take care of them, and I can only guess that those choices stemmed from his need as a Dominant, the urge to take care of his submissive, but unfortunately people always took advantage of his kindness, always mistaking it for weakness not knowing how it shattered pieces of him until there was almost nothing left. Pair that with his occasional violent bouts of PTSD from his time in the military, and the formula was a toxic mix.

Micah may have come from humble upbringing, but after he was discharged from the military, the man had made sound investments, partnered with right people, and through blood, sweat, and tears he'd built his company from scratch to the multi-million dollar leader in the construction, architecture, and real estate giant it is today. He's worked hard and sought therapy to overcome his post traumatic stress disorder.