Chapter 2

Joseph

(My idea of what Joe looks like, Kellan Lutz)

I knew it was coming, Bethany was standing next to me practically vibrating with the obvious need to ask me how I was holding up. We were waiting in the lobby for Micah and Mike to return from tying up the final details of Damien and Gavin's extravagant takeover of the entire hotel for their nuptials. We haven't had a chance to exchange more than two words to each other all day long, since I was busy performing my duties as a groomsman, and she was equally, if not more occupied with making sure that every single one of Damien's wishes were carried out as he had expressed them.

"Are you okay?" The million dollar question finally popped out of her mouth. I contemplated giving her some flippant answer, but doing so would have made her go into hyper protective, psychoanalysis slash mother hen mode on me, and I didn't feel like putting up with her twenty questions tonight or any night for that matter. If I was going to be honest with myself, much or less to her. My answer would be, I felt relieved, vindicated in my belief that Damien's love for Gavin could never be compared to anyone else.

My point has finally been proven with the look Damien bestowed upon Gavin when he broke every wedding etiquette there was, and went charging down the aisle to walk an emotional Gavin to the alter himself. Those two were meant for each other, they were each others ying and yang. I felt truly blessed that they had attempted to include me into the midst of their epic love story, but I always knew that although they both loved me. Gavin held Damien's soul, and I wanted my own special someone to feel that way about me, to own me right down to my soul as well and vice versa.

There is nothing I wouldn't do for both of those gorgeous men. Damien had taken me into his care during one of the most difficult and confusing times of my life, and both he and Gavin had taught me how to accept and grow as a young gay man whose desires were not considered ordinary. Damien hadn't just been my boyfriend, he had been my Sir, and he had patiently, and lovingly trained me into the lifestyle of BDSM. He helped me claim my inner strength as a submissive. He showed me that I was strong enough, courageous enough to kneel at a man's feet

and hand my very life into his keeping. He taught the trust necessary to do so, and Gavin was right there adding his support and his strong will when I felt myself lacking.

I rolled my eyes and let out an exasperated breath, "I'm fine, Mom."

"Joseph, don't you dare patronize me. You know what I'm talking about. I just want to make sure that today wasn't too taxing for you." She exclaimed, and crossed her dainty little arms across her chest. If I was going to be the evil sibling I can sometimes be, I would have flicked her on her pouty bottom lip and run off before she could retaliate.

I took pity on her. Bethany meant well, she practically gave up her late teens and early twenties when most kids were partying their way through college to take care of me. When our father passed away after his long, hard battle with cancer our mom had forgotten about everyone and everything including her children. She gave up the will to live without her soulmate and on the very night after we laid the old man to rest, our mother had taken every pill in the house and went to bed wrapped up in his nightshirt. She never woke up that morning. A then, nineteen year old Bethany was the one to find her and call the authorities.

I had been sixteen at the time, and thank god for County we resided in at the time. They allowed me to stay in my own home with Beth as my legal guardian. She had somehow managed to continue to her classes for her Degree in Business Administration, and work part time as a waitress to keep the bills paid. At the end of my senior year of High School, she had finally allowed me to get a part time job.