Chapter 4

Bethany

(My idea of Beth, Reese Witherspoon)

Shutting down my computer, my feelings about my work day coming to an end made me feel even more depressed than I already was. I didn't have any plans for tonight, and I was pretty bummed about my current situation with Micah. I was uncertain about calling him since the last time I saw him, which was at Damien and Gavin's wedding. The entire day had been wonderful right up until we left the club's after party, and Micah escorted me to my front door.

We actually made it to my living room this time around before he once again balked at the merest hint of intimacy. It was like he couldn't get out of my home and away from me fast enough. He'd moved so fast, I thought I's seen a vapor trail tracking behind him. He had uttered some vague excuse, and hightailed it out my front door.

I mean, talk about an ego killer. I already knew going into whatever it is we have going on between us, that Micah was bisexual, but I am beginning to think that he preferred men over women, or maybe he is not attracted to me sexually. I flopped back in my office chair and let my arms dangle over the armrests.

I used my legs to sway the chair from side to side as I stared out the floor ceiling windows, trying to come to terms with what am I supposed to do. Micah and I haven't defined or attached any labels to our relationship. Should I just tell him how I feel and call it a day, or should I just stop talking to him altogether and give him an easy out?

"Gah." I waved an impatient hand through the air as if the action was going to somehow erase my frustration of the situation I've found myself in. I got to my feet and made sure everything on my desk was in place, and my files were secure before locking my office. I headed for Marcus' private elevator.

He had left the office earlier today for his lunch meeting with his CFO, after which he informed he was going home for the remainder of the day since it was Friday. I'm sure he went home to his husband as quick as he possibly could get there, and he and Corey have most likely

fucked themselves into coma by now. God, I sound like a disgruntled, envious bitch. I shook my head as I forcefully stabbed the lobby button and waited for the elevator doors to close.

I have good reason to be crusty as hell about my single status. My own little brother had been in a three way relationship, getting fucked on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day with a whole lot of kink involved by not one, but two gorgeous men.All three of them were together for years before the relationship had run it's course. Now, Joseph has a big bear of man, another stunning specimen of maleness, completely wrapped around his fucking fingers.

Not to mention Corey, another little foundling that made his way under my wing as well. He managed to nab one of the top richest bachelors on the Forbes Billionaire's list for himself just by bumping into the man attempting to get onto an elevator and batting those big blue eyes at Marcus, and the CEO fell for the little cutie like a ton of bricks.

Even Gavin came along, broken and battered from his homophobic family, my poor sweet little country bumpkin. Yet, he still snagged himself a music mogul, another decadently sexy beast whose name is also on the Forbes wealthiest list and my brother's ex to boot. Here I am just trying to get to second base at least with Micah.

I could care less if Micah had two pennies, or two billion dollars to his name. His wealth was not a deciding factor for me when it comes to my feelings for him. There is just something about the man. In the rare instances when he lets his guard down, I'm able to briefly catch a glimpse of his wounded soul. Those mesmerizing green eyes just implore you to want to nurture and cherish him until his demons go away. Huh, maybe I'll have better luck if I have a sex change, get myself a nicely porportion pecker and then get me my man.