Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Bethany

(Beth's Little Black Dress)

"Marcus, you have three hours before your flight for Paris is scheduled to leave. Daryl is already downstairs waiting for you. I've uploaded your travel itinerary to your phone and all the necessary documents and files you'll need is in your inbox already. If you don't leave now you are going to miss preflight check-in. You know that you still have to clear TSA even though you are flying privately. The rules are the rules, now chop, chop. I do not want Corey calling me yet again to ask me if you've left for the airport yet." I stated as I walked around my employer's desk and put myself in between him and whatever he was doing on the computer screen in front of him.

Marcus Roche, the drop dead gorgeous CEO of Roche Marketing Inc. just huffed and rolled those piercing silver eyes at me before slumping back into his plush office chair. "You know Beth, you are turning into a real nag in your old age." He teased with a smirk gracing those to die for lips.

"You know Marcus, if you weren't paying me a King's ransom to put up with you, I'd have quit a long time ago." I rebutted with a smile on my face. "Now, up, up. Whatever it is you are doing you can finish it on the way to the airport or on the jet. Your husband is going to throw a tantrum the likes that we have never seen if you do not make it to Paris on time for his exhibit."

"Okay, okay. Is everything in place at the hotel for afterwards?" He asked as he stood and shrugged on his custom fitted jacket before straightening his diamond studded cufflinks.

"Everything you wanted and then some has been ordered and will be in place by the time you and your husband make it back to the room after the show. The rest of your travel plans have been confirmed, if there is anything missing just let me know and I'll take care of it." I said as I made sure that his office was secure before escorting him towards his private elevator. He swiped his card key and the doors immediately glided open.

Marcus leaned over and gave one of his heart stopping smiles. "Thanks Beth, for what its worth you are worth the King's ransom that I pay you and then some. See you in two weeks baby girl, and please don't spend all that time in the office. My vacay is your vacay, at least most of the time."

"Oh bah, off with you and behave yourselves in the city of love." I smiled as the elevator closed on his smug, smirking face.

Shaking my head, I went back to my desk. Marcus and Corey Roche's love story was one for the books. Sweet little Corey had come to Roche Incorporated wide eyed and eager to please as a junior intern all those years ago. He's literally been knocked off his feet by my boss, and it's been an epic love story between the two ever since. God, when I think back over the years of all the ups and downs, the laughter, the tears, and the relationships that blossomed and unfortunately some that have died. I can only count my blessings.

After my parents death, I'd been frantic. What was I, just barely eighteen going to do. I had been a freshman in college and my main concern at the time was looking up my professors on RateMyProfessors.com to see who and what I was going to be dealing with during my first semester of classes. Then the tragic call had come in and the State police had informed me about my parents demise. I had to race back home to deal with my thirteen year old brother. By some miracle and the insurance left by my parents, I had managed to hold on to our home and gain custody of Joe, who in tow always had his shadow Corey, a sweet little guy who lived in the group home across the city.

I'd become a mother to both boys, the college was understanding of my plight and I was able to withdraw from the University so that I could get a job and take night classes at the community college. It had been rough, but the boys were cooperative, well behaved, and hard working in school. They chipped in where they could around the house, and they both looked out for each other while I worked and went to school.