Ch. 1 Crystal Falls, Her Home

*Dill's P.O.V.*

Every time I feel alone in this world I remember. I remember the brunette boy who helped me. I could be dead without him.

And I don't even know his name.

He was wearing a cloak that day. It covered his clothes but when he took the hood off I saw his face.

Pale skin, brown hair and...purple eyes.

His eyes weren't the only of thing about him, another was the white crown on his head. I was five when I last saw him, so I don't remember much, being twenty now.

From what I do remember it's throughout my childhood I appeared to have no earlier memories than that fateful day. The day he left me in the woods for my adoptive parents to find me.

The most logical explanation for my memory loss would be the brain damage I had sustained before he left me in the woods. Even now, as I lay in my bed reflecting on my past do I have a scar just above me right eye.

I use my blonde bangs to cover it, as well as most of my right eye. My eyes are a sparkling green, my skin is pale, but more tan in summers it's middle of autumn right now. I work at the guard station of Crystal Falls, my rural home town.

Crystal Falls is dangerously close to the Lox/Solace kingdom border. But, we have managed to keep our small city boundaries inside of the Lox kingdom and inside of the Budder Alliance boundaries.

Today, I have no work. It's Saturday and I only get one day out of the week off, being a guard and all.

But, despite it being early in the morning I have a very bad feeling about today...

~

*3rd Person*

"Hey, Dill! I see you're finally up!" One of Dill's two roommates cheered with a confident smirk on her face while making breakfast.

"Hi, Ivy. I see you've finally learned to cook!" Dill retorted to the fox hybrid.

Ivy was one of those people you would think would be smart, but was actually really stupid most of the time. She was a fox hybrid; they were supposed to be clever. But, Ivy...She just never took the time to use her head.

Ivy had pale skin, bright red hair-the color of fire-brown eyes and many freckles. She was a fox hybrid, so by default she had her fox ears out. The fox ears replaced normal ears, so if you were to look for her normal human ears, they wouldn't be there. It was a little unnerving how much Ivy could hear, but with her being a hunter it came in handy. Her fox form was the same color as her hair, other than a splash of white on the end of her tail as well as on the end of each ear. Otherwise, she was a normal fox.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Now, do you want breakfast out not?"

"I'd love some!" Dillbugg cheered as if nothing was wrong which earned her a death glare from the annoyed girl.

"I hate you." Ivy whispered under her breath.

"I love you too." Dill answered only succeeding in further frustrating the fox hybrid.

Ivy finally decided that she had enough and dumped a cup of milk over Dill's head. Dill shrieked a good few curse words at the red head. Ivy laughed at the Blondie as she ran down the hall-almost ran into their other roommate, Korra-and into the bathroom to take a shower.

~

"Miss Renz?" The commanding officer, David, called out his eyes searching the guards training in the sparring area.

"Right here, Sir!" Dill called back.

Dill Tia Renz. That was her full name. And sadly, her father was the commander, David. David Mathew Renz. So, it was a little creepy having him watch her at work each and every day. He was one of those people that always managed to make a joke out of everything. Everything.

It could be really annoying at times, but it was nice that he wasn't always all business. All of the small town's guard force liked him. He made their work less boring. But, he had a temper. You could make a very realistic comparison with him to a firework. Just waiting for a spark, then; BOOM. He's gone. None of the guards liked it.

"You're coming with me. I have an important task for you." He told her and began to walk away.

She swiftly put up her gear, and followed her father. But, not before saying, 'bye,' to her sparring partner-and good friend-Anya Cross.

Anya, like her was a blonde. But her hair had more of a brown color while Dill's was a golden with orange-ish highlights. Anya had brown caramel eyes with flecks of gold in them. She loved green. She somehow managed to convince the blacksmith to give her iron armor a green tint. Anya was a great friend and-despite several offers from Dill-Anya absolutely refused to move in with the three girls already sharing a rental house. She said she traveled to much, which Dill didn't get. The people of Crystal Falls normally didn't have very high incomes and to travel around as much as she did, she needed lots and lots of money.

Dill smiled back at her friend and focused on following her father-and commander-through the winding halls of the guard post. Once they arrived at their destination, the commander stopped her.

"You don't actually have a task. We have a client. A very powerful client... who has requested your assistance." Her father's normal joking tone had disappeared and was replaced with a dead serious one.

"We're in the basement, Dad. Why are we being so secretive about this? It's just a client." Dill tried to reason with her father.

"He's no normal client." The serious tone kept her mouth shut.

He opened the door slowly after glancing around a few times. Inside the room it was much lighter than Dill had originally imagined, being in the dark basement and all, the room was really bare, no furniture at all. In the room was a man who wore a cloak which obscured his face.

"Hello. Thank you, Commander Renz. Will you give us some privacy?" The stranger requested.

"Of course." Dill's father left the room.

"Umm...Are you my client?" Dill asked uncertain of her safety.

"You know, there is only one person in the whole region of Nigh'la who has purple eyes." He said mysteriously.

"I don't... I don't understand." Dill replied shaking her head.

She thought she could make out a smirk on his face. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Your father speaks fondly of you. But, I know you aren't actually his child. Am I right?" The man stated vaguely.

"It is no secret. But, you are well informed for a stranger. Are you a friend of my father's?" Dill asked becoming more cautious at the sudden information provided.

"You could say that... I bet even you know me. Or have at least heard my last name frequently enough."

"Enough games. Take off your cloak or I'm leaving, I'm not accepting your job. No matter how much you pay me!" Dill snapped at the stranger.

"You'll regret this..." The man unbuttoned his black cloak and it drifted to the floor Dill stared at his face for a few seconds then it registered.

This man, was King Tyler Lox. And he was requesting her help.

(A/N For those of you who have been living under a rock your whole life and still have access to Wattpad here is a picture of King Ty ((Deadlox));

I'm sorry but he looks so adorable. I am inferring that this was drawn by @Aleatoraye It's not my drawing!

~Dillbugg)