Ch. 12

"Before I am your daughter, your sister, your aunt, niece or cousin, I am my own person and I will not set fire to myself to keep you warm."

*3rd Person*

King Ty paced the floor while King Jason and King Adam discussed strategies quietly at the desk. Ty suddenly stopped.

King Adam looked up from the map he had been studying. He sighed, "You ok Ty-Ty?"

King Ty looked to his two friends, "I just thought about it... Princess Opal arrived today. Do you think she took-?"

"No." Jason interrupted, "That's not like her."

"But we should question her just in case-"

"No." Jason stood alarmingly fast. King Adam  stood as well and looked at them. The two stared at King Adam, he was their unspoken leader and they respected him.

"We should question her," Jason opened his mouth to argue however Adam silenced him with a swift shake of his head, "We will question her to see if we can find any connections. Maybe she saw someone acting suspiciously. Jason, go get her. The sooner we do this the better."

***

Princess Opal was again left in her room to pace, like so many days before in her palace. Well, this time, was very different. She wasn't thinking about politics, war threats, appropriate punishments or threats to the law. She was contemplating what happened to Princess Tia and if Brice had anything to do with it.

This time was also different because she couldn't  go and check in on Brice. He received a letter the previous night written by their  father. It was confusing because he didn't say why he had to go. He didn't even tell king Ty he was going and left Opal to explain to him. To say the least, she suspected him, but at the same time, she had a hard time suspecting him. He had never done anything horrible. The siblings just didn't get along.

But... If her instincts served her right she knew Brice had done something horrible. Maybe it wasn't kidnapping Princess Tia, it could be anything. However, she needed to find Tia.

***

Tia awoke and immediately knew she wasn't in the hospital anymore. Although temporarily blind she could still function almost perfectly. She reached up to her face and lightly touched the bandage over her eyes.

The air stirred and her sensitive ears picked up quiet footsteps. Tia dropped her hand as a nearby door creaked open. She evened out her breathing and pretended to sleep. A hand gently pet her head. She stirred ever so slightly and the hand retreated. The bed dipped down under her, she inferred someone was sitting next to her. She sat up as well and faced where she imagined their face might be.

"Where am I?" She broke the serene silence.

"You are in my room. You've been sleeping in my bed all night." A male's voice answered.

"I don't mean to be rude but... Who are you?"

"I'm a prince. You're a princess. But soon you'll be a Queen and I'll be the King." He told her, edging closer to her. To close. She felt his warm breath on her neck and she slowly and nearly unnoticeably shrank back.

"Why am I here?" Her back brushed against the wall next to the bed. This wasn't good.

"Because I saved you. Your so called friends turned against you. They were going to execute you in your sleep." His voice was like honey and she believed his words. She didn't know why... It was so cliche and just such a boring theme but she just believed it.

Her heart shattered as she comprehended the meaning of those words.

King Ty, Korra, Ivy, King Adam, King Jason and even her siblings? Were they going to kill her?

"E-even my b-brother w-was..?" She trailed off her heart fracturing with each breath she took all she could hope for was a, "No, I'm just pulling your tail!"

"...Yes," Then he reminded her, "I saved you."

Tears began falling and no matter how hard she tried to stop them, she just... couldn't. Sobs wracked her body and the prince held her close. She fell limp and despite a nagging feeling deep in her core she relaxed.

***

"My Friend Jason,

       I apologize to leave so suddenly at a time like this. I have gone to Ru'aun. My soldiers have sent for aid and I already fear it will be too late. Also, I have been meaning to visit King Bade, the werewolf king I spoke to you about. I wish I could help more in your time of need. I hope you will understand.

                                                                                                      ~Princess Opal Solace~"

Jason stared at the letter. He let out a long frustrated sigh then turned to his two colleagues.

"We have a problem." They turned to him, "Princess Opal left this morning to the Ru'aun Region."

"You're crumpling the paper." Ty pointed out.

Jason looked down at the paper and studied the crinkled surface and a drop of water fell on it, then another. King Adam and King Ty looked at each other for a long moment and Jason began shuddering.

"I'm getting Korra." King Adam decided.

"Yep." Ty agreed.

***

"Korra!" The ninja looked up to see King Adam running towards her, the garden around her was beautiful and silent that is... Until Adam came along.

"Uh... What is it, King Adam?" She asked still sitting among the elegant flowers.

"It's Jason." He took a huge breath, "He's crying andthishasneverhappenedbeforeweneedhelpandyouarehisfianceesowethoughtyoucouldcalmhimdown."

Korra sat there staring at King Adam. He caught his breath and looked her dead in the eye, "Come on we have to go."

"What?" Korra asked him, not completely sure of his mental state.

"Jason is crying..." He took a deep breath, "And I have no idea why or how to stop him, thought you could help."

Korra nodded, "That makes a little more sense. Where is he?"

"My study, let's hurry." Sky took off and Korra sprinted after him, politely allowing him to lead.

***

"Where are we going?" Tia asked the prince.

"You're going to get a haircut." He stopped and she nearly crashed into his back, "So no one can recognize you."

Tia let those words linger as she held his hand and nervously ran her fingers through the long strands.

His first mistake was not asking her for permission.