Ch. 9 Mithzan, Her Opponent

"This is Mithzan, our male Beta. When he has a mate, we will have a female Beta." Ty introduced the blonde to the ginger.

Mithzan grimaced, "Oh great... the princess is a guardian. And just call me Max."

"Ok, Max. Just call me Tia." She told him.

"No." He said as she turned away.

She ignored him. He grew agitated.

He slipped a small dagger out of his pocket and threw it at her back. Merely seconds before it would have made contact, she grabbed Ty and swiftly sidestepped the threat. The dagger lodged itself into the wall with a loud crack. Everyone in the room -- most of the pack, Infinity -- turned towards the commotion. Even those who were in the midst of training stopped what they were doing to see what was going down.

Tia's green eyes narrowed, "I don't think you want to do that."

"Yes, I do. I saw it in your emotions, you want my position. I'll have you know, I worked hard for this title and if you threaten that hard work then you're going to have a bad time."

(A/N I'm sorry... I had to! XD If you got that reference, them know that you are a great person.)

"Max... And here I was, thinking we could get along." Tia hissed, her cat features appearing and helping pronounce her anger.

"Heh... Prove to me that you're strong enough to be here." Max taunted.

"I don't think you want to do that..." Tia told him, her expression guarded, them she added in am angry whisper, "You didn't help Seto fight them off. He was hurt because you refused to help him."

Ty noticed she was shaking with anger, "Everyone else back away."

Max raised his fists and the two began to circle each other waiting for their Alpha's permission. Ty waited to see the look in Tia's eyes. He wanted to make sure she didn't look like she was going to intentionally blow the palace up.

To his surprise, her expression was a loose look of calm, with a hint of controlled anger.

"Tia will win... Without a doubt. She has this battle in the bag." Ty muttered only loud enough for a special person's ears to hear, "Max doesn't stand a chance. I'll need you to separate them before they go all out." He whispered once again then nodded to the two.

Tia saw right through his expression before he made the action. His eyes flickered down from her face to her stomach. He moved his fists lightning fast, but with her new cat like agility, she was able to dodge and before he could pull his arm back, she yanked his wrist. He fell to the floor, having lost his balance.

Tia stared curiously at his figure, laying face down on the floor trying to keep his remaining consciousness.

"Oops... I meant for that to be more of a battle." She said as he coughed.

"The winner is, Tia! Right?" A voice from the crowd yelled.

"Wait... He might get up." Another voice in the crowd says.

"So, does this mean Tia is Beta?" Yet another voice asks.

Tia crouched, her tail sweeping from side to side, evaluating the man in front of her. He stirred and tried to get up, but failed and landed in a sitting position. He felt his head and rubbed his eyes before seeming to remember what he was originally doing. Quick as a whip, he snapped into action.

An indescribable rage inside him. Using his magicks an extra Max, Mad Max, split off of his body and joined him charging at the blonde. The blonde did an incredible flip, over the top of both the man's  and the spirit's heads.

However, Mad Max could analyze her actions much quicker than the real one and grabbed her ankle mid air then sent her crashing to the ground. Before Tia got the opportunity to regain her breath, Mad Max kicked her away a few more feet.

"Ugh..." She groaned.

Ty watched with horror when Max pulled a second knife from his pocket, and kneeled down.

Only two of the spectators in the room possessed the ability to follow the speed of Tia's attack and only one caught it. The other, King Ty, just so happened to blink at the wrong time.

They were all of the sudden on the other side of the large training room. There was a dent in the wall where Mithzan had been slammed by Tia.

It was then that MIthzan fell unconscious and gave the victory to Tia. She frowned knowing that the type of magicks he had preformed -- spirit summons -- took lots of energy and for her to beat him like that, it was'nt completely fair.

"Congratulations, Tia. You've dethroned Max, you're beta now." Ross said walking up to her and holding out her hand with a sly smirk on his face.

"Thanks..." Tia said slowly and soon his hand with uncertainty.

"Tia, this way. You need to get your marking." Ty beckoned her over. She happily followed him out of the quiet room.

"I...uh. Sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Take the title of Beta, I mean. It was stupid of me-"

"It's fine, I am okay with your decision." He said quietly.

They settled into a silence. Not an uncomfortable one, they were both content with the situation as they wandered the halls, apparently looking for a specific location.

Tia had no idea how the marking worked... It was her first time being in a pack, all she knew was it was something like a tattoo. She knew the marking shape for Infinity. A filled in, sideways eight.

She smiled and thought about where she should put it. She didn't want it to be completely noticeable, as it may cause some problems with anyone she ran into.

However, on the other hand, she wanted to be able to show it off if she wanted to.

"Well, where do you want?" Ty asked holding a stamp like object.

"Um... How about on my right cheek. Just below my eye, but more to the right, so it's covered by my hair." She said. Ty seemed to understand her reasoning. He smiled and nodded then applied the stamp thing, right where you said.

A sickly sizzle was heard and a stinging burn was felt below her right eye.

"Thanks Alpha." Tia told Ty.

"Alpha?" He questioned to which she shrugged and have him a, 'just roll with it' look.

(1088 words)