"Jordan?!"

So close......

Tom's POV:

12:45 pm, Cartridge Cannibals, Nov 29, xxxx

I sat on the floor as I watched, in the darkness, Adriana. She was peacefully sleeping, me humming a lullaby that my mother once sang to me.

"What a nice lullaby," I heard Adriana say softly. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear what she was doing. As of right now, she was beginning to sit up.

"Thanks, my mother sang it to me. Also, I don't think you should be getting up, he hurt you really bad," I said. She only chuckled, getting up from her bed. "You can't really say that if you are full of nothing but cuts and bruises, Tom," Adriana said, turning on the lights in the room.

I squinted from the bright light, my eyes already adjusted to the darkness. I looked up and saw Adriana with grey sweat pants, putple blouse, and her hair in a pony tail.

There was a small switch hanging down from a ceiling fan in the room. Honestly, I didn't know it existed, probably because I have never seen Adriana turn on the light on time.

"See, look at you!! All those cuts and bruises and for what?" She said playfully. "To save you," I replied, looking down at the floor. She was a frail woman and that man had the audacity to treat her lile that?! He must be completely mad to do that to a woman!!

"Don't worry, I have manged to live with this," Adriana said with a smile. "For how long?" I asked. She looked in thought and then smiled. "I have been with him for 5 years so far, I didn't say I wanted a child until I was.....20? Thay was two years ago, this is our fifth year together so two years of having a normal relationship and then all the rest have been a bit crazy," Adriana explained.

I was shocked. Technically, 3 years she has been suffering in this hell?! "It is nothing really! It isn't!" She said. I only looked at her as if she had lost her mind.

"It's nothing?! Oh, come on!! How can you say it is nothing?!" I nearly shouted, but kept my voice down for Justin. "Loke, just leave it alone? Please! I just don't want to think much of it! Please, let me just fix up your injuries!" Adriana pleaded.

I sighed. This woman just doesn't know when it is time to quit someone. I only nodded afterwards and she only smiled. "Hey, where is your family?" I asked, curious if she still had them.

"Oh, well my mother and father are, I think in Britain, I don't remember their reasoning for goong there but my sister does. My mother's name is Catherine, My father's name is Kenneth. My sister's name is Lisandra," Adriana said.

I nodded. The name Lisandra sounding familiar but it is not ringing a bell. "Is your sister older?" I asked. She nodded, bandaging my right arm.

"Yeah, I am younger than her by a year," She said. "Brothers? At all?" I asked. She shook her head. "Just me and my sister," Adriana said.

I nodded. "How old are you?" I asked, bluntly. "I am 23 years old!!" She said cheerfully. I smiled. It is always wonderful to see her smile, if only Justin can do this to her.

She finished up with my wounds and she stood back up. "There, all patched up! Now, you need rest!" She said. I groaned at the word 'rest'.

"What if Justin comes back in here?!" I asked. She shook her head. "You will be sleeping next to me!! Don't worry!" Adriana said, plopping back on to her bed.

I wasn't so sure that sleeping next to a woman would be a good idea. Considering that I am going out with Jordan. "Are you sure?" I asked, unsure whether this was good or not.