MY Pier!

-Lex

I climbed the stairs, exhausted after spending the day at the beach. The rickety, old pier had become a sort of safe haven for me because it was abandoned. No one visited there which gave me the alone time that I so often needed. I changed into soft pajama shorts and tugged on that mysterious hoodie. It was black and very big. It hung to about mid thigh which made it seem I had on no pants. The sweatshirt was so warm and smelled so good, a mixture of cologne and Axe shampoo, very masculine. I nuzzled into it, smiling to myself. It drove me absolutely bonkers that I couldn't figure out who's it was. The truth was almost every guy at school wore hoodies this color so there's no way I'd figure it out unless they decided to reveal themselves.

Tying up my hair as I went, I made my way downstairs to find a snack. The house was eerily quite because mom and Martin were working late...again and Robbie and Maria were with Martin's mom tonight. This was the first night I was really alone in this big-arse house and to be honest I was a little creeped out. My mind kept turning back to that hooded figure I saw the other night. I feared he'd show up here. What would I do?

Then, right on cue, just like all the freaky movies, there was a knock on the door. I froze instantly. Typically, my poor hearing wouldn't have picked up on the knock, but you could say my previous thoughts were sending my senses into overdrive. I crouched near the counter were I was standing and glanced around. The large windows were covered with their fancy lace curtains and I realized that no one could see in here. No one could see me. Slowly I rose from my crouch. There was no further knocking and I heard the unmistakeable sound of a motorcycle starting up.

Curiosity finally getting the better of me, I made my way to the front door. I peered out the tiny peep hole and saw nothing but an empty porch. Slowly, I opened the door and looked around. A shimmering caught my eye and laying just in front of my door was none other than me cellphone. My blue case was shining in the porch light. How in the world? My phone!? Quickly, I scooped it up and retreated inside, locking the door behind me. Shutting off all the lights except for the porch lights I made my way upstairs. I felt much safer in my room with the door shut, and locked. What? I was a little freaked out! Okay a lot. Was it so bad to just want my parents here?

The next morning I woke at my usual time. I knew exactly where I'd be spending the day as I climbed out of bed. Heading directly to my humongous closet, I selected a bright, green bikini. I tied the top securely around my neck and back before tying on the bottoms as well. They hung low on my hips, exposing part of my tattoo. I eyed myself in the mirror trying to decide if I looked to skanky. Maybe I should change. Nahhh, I'll be at my pier anyway so it's not like I'll see anyone. Wow, I'd even taken to calling it my pier now. I shook my head at my self.

I walked back into my closet and found a pair of cute little cut offs. Unfolding them, my mouth dropped open. I looked at them in shock. I can't believe my own mother bought these! They were so short! But they were cute. Plus I was just wearing them as a cover-up for over my swim suit. I tugged them on, eventually deciding that it didn't matter because I'd be taking them off anyway. I also chose a bright pink tee. It was light weight, flowy, and short. It appeared to be a belly shirt on me. Dang it mom! Why did you buy me such slutty cloths!? I decided to just keep it on anyway though because I figured I'd end up ditching it as well.

As I ate breakfast I saw a note on the counter. It was from mom.

"Chica, your Mama y step-papa had to work this morning, early. The kids are with your abuela, Martin's Mama. I guessed you'd most likely be spending the day at the beach...again. :) So I put some money in your beach bag for food. Have fun, Mija! Te amo!"

I smiled at how easy going my mom was. Love you too! Grabbing a clean towel and my phone, I stuffed them into my beach bag. I unzipped the little inside pocket and found the money that mom said would be in there. Slipping on my flip-flops and grabbing my bag, I walked out the door.