The Office

********************************************

-Lex

After waking up and taking a shower as usual, I went back to my room to get ready. Because I felt so much like crap, I chose a lazy outfit for today. I tugged on a pair of white legging caprees that came to my knees, a very bright blue sports bra, and that mysterious black hoodie. It still smelled strongly of man, in a good way, and it created a weak smile on my face. I pulled my bright blue Supra Hightop sneakers off my shelf and slipped them on. They matched the sports bra I had chosen near perfectly . . although its not like anyone would know except me. After I was all dressed I pulled my long, dark curls up into a messy bun. Little pieces fell down but it actually turned out super cute. Next I did my make-up, which only consisted of a little bit of eyeliner and then some mascara. I eyed myself in the mirror before leaving my room and let's just say I looked like I'd got punched in the face. I had bags and dark circles under my eyes so bad. What!? I was exhausted, I'd freaking cried like half the night, plus I had another flashback and a nightmare to go with it. Yes my night was freaking amazing! Note the sarcasm, I know I've laid it on pretty think.

Once I was downstairs I let out a breath of relief I was unaware I ha been holding. Everyone was gone, once again, and I was soooo thankful! I was worried mom would ask questions because she didn't miss a thing and well I couldn't exactly hide my entire face to well. I shoved down a slice if toast, forcing myself to eat because I knew I'd be starving if I had nothing. My stomach churned uneasily at the thought of going to school. I felt like I could throw up.

'Get ahold of yourself, Lex! He's

just a stupid boy.'

'Shut up! He's not just any boy!'

What am I saying!? Gosh I'm arguing with myself and I don't even know where that last thought came from. He is most certainly a complete and total jerk who I refuse to ever trust again. I thought bitterly.

As I neared the school my steps began to slow. My stomach rolled uneasily at the thought of facing everyone. What happened on Friday with Stacy was enough to scare anyone and to say I was scared would be an understatement. I was freaking terrified. What if she confronted me again, or hit me again. What if Ryker tried to confront me. Oh gosh. I'd totally break, I'd probably just completely break down in tears and run away. Come on. Pull it together Lex! You were in a freaking jail for crying out loud, you can handle high school. Taking a deep breath and holding my head high, I walked through the school gates and towards the doors.

Once inside I looked around cautiously, there was no sign of Stacy or Ryker. I snorted they were probably somewhere in a janitors closet. That would just top it off. The whore of the school and the bad boy, isn't that how it works? Whatever, it doesn't even matter, I can't stand either of them.

'That's not what you were thinking when he was on top of you in his truck.' My mind taunted.

'Shut up! He fell for crying out loud!'

Oh gosh here I go again. Maybe I need therapy. This needs to stop, it's like I have another person in my head! Shaking my head in hopes to clear it, I opened my locker. I rummaged through it in daze. I wasn't thinking about anything even remotely school related and to tell you the truth I had no idea what I was suppose to even be looking for.

"Lexington!" I gasp, flung my hand over my mouth and spun around all in the same second. I swear my feet had to have come off the ground.

"What!?" I snapped, but seeing who it was I instantly felt bad about it.

"We've been sayin' your name for the last, like, ten minutes."

"Oh. I'm sorry guys." I frowned apologetically. Lance stood in front of me eyeing me cautiously. Ashton loomed to the right of him and I had to look up to meet his eyes. Like really look up. I watched as they swept their eyes down across me from my head to my toes. In unison, they both furrowed their eye brows in confusion as their eyes connected with mine.