Breakfast Time

-Lex

I was currently sitting on the counter, swaying my legs softly, Ryker impressing me with his sweet cooking skills. Honestly, who would have thought that this guy in front of me, this guy who rode a motorcycle, who got in fights, who had been arrested multiple times, could possibly cook? He stood with his back toward me, working diligently with something over the stove. He refused to let me help, or even see his "masterpiece." Hah, what an ego on this guy.

"I hope you're hungry!" He sung happily, as he worked.

"I think you heard first hand just how hungry I really am." I replied with a smile. He chuckled softly, his hands never ceasing their movement. I grinned at the back of his head, who would have thought I'd like this guy so much? He is the polar opposite of me. I never got in trouble, I studied hard, I liked to just hole up for the weekend and read, and motorcycles scared the absolute crap out of me! Yet, I feel unexplainably drawn to him, like a magnet of some sort. It was hard to explain.

"Lexi," Ryker cooed, stringing out my name, suddenly standing directly in front of me.

"Huh?" I jumped, jerking out of my thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"Come on," he urged, his hand gently nudged my thigh. "Tell me," he pouted. Oh no, not that puppy dog face!

"Iwasthinkingaboutyouandme." I rushed out, unable to take that face any longer.

"What was that?" He grinned amusedly down at me.

"I was thinking about you and me." I mumbled slower this time, my cheeks warmed slightly with a blush.

"Good thoughts I hope?"

"Yeah, good thoughts." I confirmed.

"Dirty thoughts?" He asked, waggling his eyebrows. His voice sounded way too hopeful.

"Ryker Lands!" I cried, slapping his chest. My cheeks darkened even more. "Absolutely not!"

"Don't lie to me, babe." He said, ignoring my violent behavior and pretending to be stern.

"Ryker! I'm not lying!" I cried, pushing at his chest slightly. To my great disappointment, he didn't even budge. Cursing the flip my stomach did at the nickname babe.

"It's okay, don't sweat, Lex." He grinned at me mischievously before leaning down and kissing me. However, before we could get carried away again, he pulled back. "Because I have those all the time." He whispered huskily in my ear. My mouth popped open in shock, but before I could say anything, Ryker turned back to his work at the stove. I stared at his back, mouth gaping, unable to believe he just said that.

"Close your mouth, babe, don't want flies in there." He chuckled to himself cheerily. Snapping my mouth shut, I glared at the back of his stupid, hat-clad head. Why was he wearing his hat in the house? Seriously, did he ever take that off?

"Pervert." I grumbled to myself, purposefully just loud enough for him to hear it.

"Ouch, Lexi, that hurt!" He cried sounding wounded.

"Good!" He laughed at my response and turned off the stove.

"Go sit down, the foods ready." I obeyed, hopping down from my perch. Walking to the other side of the counter I was just sitting on, I plopped down on a wooden bar stool. I watched Ryker fill two glasses with juice and sit them on the counter in front of me. Then, he grabbed two glass plates from an upper cupboard, I couldn't help but to notice how he easily reached the top shelf. Geez, I would have needed a chair for that!

Carefully, he evenly divide the contents of his pan and scooped it on to the waiting dishes. I had a pretty good idea of what he'd made by the smell and the little glimpses I caught here and there, but I wasn't prepared for how beautiful it looked. Go ahead and laugh, but the omelet Ryker was now placing in front of me was the most mouth watering, delicious looking omelet I've ever seen in my life. The cheese was melted just so over the top and a rainbow of vegetables were scattered perfectly throughout the steaming center.

"Dig in!" He exclaimed, grinning at my expression of awe. He didn't have to tell me twice, grasping my fork, I did just that.

Fifteen minuets later I was leaning back in my seat, hands resting on my belly, completely stuffed. I jerked my head to the side as Ryker began to laugh loudly. "What's funny." I demanded, agitated he was laughing at me again.

"Oh nothing," was his vague reply.

"Ryker . . ." my voice was low and warning.

"Nothing! Just enjoying the sight of you enjoying yourself." He replied cheekily, a grin on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him, but didn't push it further. I watched him chuckle softly at my expression before getting up. He took our dirty dishes to the dishwasher, putting them in neatly then he closed the door with a click. "You stuffed?" He asked, sporting his famous crooked grin.

"Like a freaking cooked turkey on Thanksgiving." I confirmed with a satisfied smile. He burst out laughing at that and I suddenly found myself wishing he laughed like that more often. The sound was glorious and the expression fit him well, much better than his typical smirk. I joined him, the both of us laughing like crazy. At what you ask? Nothing, nothing at all. We simply laughed like lunatics because it felt good, so impossibly good to just laugh. Finally, after a solid ten minuets of laughter, we sobered up.

"Let's go to the beach!" Ryker suggested randomly, sounding like an over excited child. I giggled at his expression. "I'm serious! We can walk on the beach or go to the pier."

"I know you are, you just sound so unbelievably excited. Like my little brother!"

"Hey! I'm not a child." He pouted.

"You're not helping your case!" I cried, laughing again at his protruding bottom lip. I hopped down from my stool, walking up to him. "See this? This right here," I tapped his pouty lips with my index finger gently, "is exactly something Robbie would do." I watched his eyes widen slightly at the contact before he recovered.

"Oh yeah?" He stepped towards me, pushing me slightly so my back brushed the counter. With deliberate slowness, he took another step, pinning me against the wooden cabinets. One hand rested on the granite counter tops on my left and the other rested on the right, leaving me no escape. He leaned down, his lips caressed my cheekbone, as they trailed toward my neck. Pausing right at my ear, he whispered, "I can show how much of a man I am if you have any doubts."

"Ryker!" I put my hands up to slap his chest but he quickly grasp my wrists before I could even make contact. He guided my arms around his neck, putting my hands together behind his head. Slowly he let go, trailing his hands over my arms, down my sides, and finally resting them on my hips. His touch was feather-light, leaving a burning trail against my dark skin.

"Lexi." He answered smoothly, my name rolling of his tongue.

"Ryker! You are so bad!" I cried, still leaving my arms twined around his neck.

"Babe, I never claimed to be a saint." He grinned mischievously down at me, our face mere inches apart.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." I murmured, shuffling my feet uncomfortably.

"So that's a yes then?" He asked hopefully, his eyes lighting up.

"Uh, a yes to. . . "

"The beach!" I giggled at his childishness.

"Of course, Ryker." I agreed, trying to control my grin. His 'random' topic switch was obviously an attempt to save me from my uncomfortableness. The act was sweet, saving me from my own awkwardness. Reaching up on my tiptoes, I placed a kiss on his cheek. Lingering slightly after I pulled back. "Thank you." I breathed, before relaxing back against the counter.

"Anything for you." He murmured, bringing a hand up to caress my cheek. After a moment, his same hand slide to the base of my neck, gently pulling me in. As I came closer, Ryker bent, pressing his lips to my forehead. They lingered longer than a typical kiss might have, but I didn't mind. Why? Because right now, this bad boy wasn't being bad at all. In fact, he was being impossibly sweet, and to say I was falling for him would have been the biggest understatement of the century. I just hope he can catch me.