Part 2: Escaping

Years pass and Selux is now 12

Her father passed away in war and Selux is finally ready to put her plan into action.

An alarm goes off; it's about 6:00am. Pretty early for a cat, they normally sleep anywhere from 8 till 10:30. Selux gets up and stops the alarm. She gets up, grabs her backpack, and fills it with her sword, her clothes, and some apples. She sneaks out of her room and goes to the door. Selux is pretty short so she gets up on her tip-toes and reaches for the doorknob. She barely manages to reach it. She looks inside the house and says, "I'm sorry daddy..." and she walks outside and quietly closes the door.

She ran to the front gate, she had nothing to lose and everyone, including the guards was asleep. She slipped through the bars and took off running. There was no going back now. So she ran faster, but a very loud alarm goes off. All the guards pop up and look around, Selux freezes up and looks back at the guards, "uh oh..." The alarm woke up everyone in town, including Sulex, Selux's twin sister. Sulex hears the alarm and looks over at Selux's bed to see she isn't there, "Selux.... -_-"

Selux took off running and she was scared, if she got caught she'd be in even bigger trouble than yesterday. Lots of guards were right behind her, and Selux was a bit slow on both legs because of a knee replacement surgery she had when she was 3. So she tightened her backpack straps, got down on all fours and ran faster. The guards were struggling to keep up, so they pulled out their tranquilizer guns. They shot some at her but they missed.

And meanwhile, while all this is happening....

Tails woke up recently and went on a morning walk. It was a beautiful day; he smelled the flowers while they were blooming and watched the sun rise. He walked into the forest admiring every detail, after he and Cosmo happened; he had a lot more respect for plants and the small things in life.

Selux was running, "I can't let them get me... I can't let them get me..." She looked back and got up on two legs and ran right into Tails. They both fell over. Tails sat up, "Hey, watch where you're going!" Selux replied, "Sorry!! But can you help me?!" She was panicking and Tails realized she was the one in trouble. "Yeah what's wrong...?" She stood up and brushed the grass off her, "I need a place to hide..." Tails thought for a second, "Well, there's my house..." Selux pulled on Tails and a tranquilizer misses him and hits a tree nearby. They both look at each other with wide eyes, "You're house it is!" Selux gripped his wrist and took off running.