Part 7: Friend or Foe?

Amy and Sonic ran to Knuckles as ice climbed up his body and surrounded him. Tails looked at Selux as she was slowly blacking out and holding her head, he thought to himself, "How did she do that? Was it because she has the chaos emerald?" Tails looked at Selux and Knuckles, should he go to his well-known good friend, or a new girl he just met in the forest? As he pondered, walked over to Selux hesitantly, "How did you do that? Is he still alive?" She didn't respond, but she was quickly snapping out of it. She looked up confused, "what?" Tails re-asked the questions and Selux's ears perked up and she looked over at Knuckles, "He'll be ok... and it's an ice ability I was born with... I didn't realize I did that..." she held her hand out like she was going to high five someone, and the gems on her wrist glowed as the ice quickly started melting, but no water dripped to the floor, it evaporated.

Knuckles shivered and fell over gasping for air. Amy got on her knees trying to help him up, but she didn't know what to do; the gang hasn't had anything like this happen to them yet. Selux stood up and everyone took a step back, they weren't sure what to think of her. She could be a good friend, but after what happened they don't know if they want to trust her. Selux looked around and ran out the door, but someone followed after her.

Selux ran into the forest, she felt as if she had to disappear, or something bad would happen. Tails caught up to her and yelled her name, Selux turned her head to see Tails and she ran faster and took some quick turns trying to lose him. She found out she wasn't going to so she played a trick and ran as fast as she could on her 2 feet and hopped up into a tree, and she watched Tails run right under her. Selux then hopped down and ran in the opposite direction and made it to a large field filled with tall grass, one of her favorite things. But off into the distance she saw something, and anyone could tell it wasn't right.