1. || And So It Begins

Peta was shaken awake by her mother, who was in a rush on the warm September day.

"Peta Jane! Come on, get up, then go wake up your brother and sister!"

Peta groaned before rolling out of bed and going into her younger siblings' room.

"Al, Jen, get up," she said tired.

"Why?" Alan mumbled half asleep.

"We have school, Alan, now come on, we're gonna be late," Jenna said almost all ready.

"I don't wanna go," he shoved his face into his soft pillow.

"You'll see Brittany," Peta crossed her arms and smirked.

"Okay, I'm up!"

Their mother fed the three a quick breakfast before shooing them out to their mini van. She impatiently waited as the children buckled their seat belts before pulling out of the driveway, and speeding to the school. It was the same in every household, and all the mothers met at the same place, being that they had been teachers there for years before they had kids. The students had known one another since before they could talk, and formed a very close friend group for being so young. The young girls hugged each other as they hadn't seen one another all summer. Alan hugged Brittany, all because she was beautiful in his eyes, and he wanted her to be happy.

The school bell rung, and the children ran off to their classes. During lunch, they all met and found a small table that could seat all of them.

"Val, what did you do this summer?" Sasha asked chewing his grapes.

"My mom put me in dance," his cheeks turned a shade of red with embarrassment.

"Ooh, do you like it?" Jenna asked curious, being a dancer herself.

"It's fine," he said quietly before going back to his lunch.

"Does anyone wanna come over after school?" Emma asked.

"No," Maks said without even thinking.

"Ugh, you brute!"

"I what?"

"Never mind," she said going back to her advanced level book.

"Emma, when did you learn to read?" Sasha inquired.

"When I was three."

"Wow. I still barely know."

The bell rung once again, informing the students to return to their classrooms. They each made their way through the jam-packed halls without getting crushed by the older children.

After a long first day, the kids waited outside for their parents' arrivals.

"Hey Peta, wanna come over?" A tired Maks asked.

"Um, really?"

"Yeah, it'd be cool."

"Uh, ok! Jenna, Al, I'll be at Maks and Val's after school."

"Can I come? Please!" Jenna wondered with puppy dog eyes.

"Can she Maks?"

"Sure, she can play with Val."

"Yay!" she squealed with excitement. As the mothers pulled up, all the children got into the appropriate car, thus ending, the first day of school.

^_^

watcha think?