4. || A Day of Pictures

Maks looked in the mirror at himself after brushing his teeth. "Momma!" he called.

"Yes Maksim?" his mother said poking her head in.

"Do I look good?"

"Yes, very handsome," she said fixing his hair.

"Who are you lookin good for?" Val asked struggling to get his sweater over his head.

"No one, just the picture," he lied. Little Peta seemed to strike his interest. Being the little boy he was, most girls were 'gross' and 'had cooties', but not Peta. She was beautiful.

"Momma help," Val stood helpless with his sweater in a tangle on his head. She leaned down and pulled it over his head.

"There. Now go brush that curly hair of yours."

"Okay momma," he said and kissed her cheek, before going to find a hair brush.

<>

"Peta! Come here!" Jenna called for her sister.

"What?" she answered walking in her room.

"Can I wear some of your lip gloss? It's sparkly."

"Ugh, fine. Just don't put on too much, you'll look weird."

"Jenna, does Brittany wear lip gloss?" Alan asked, having a hard time zipping up his jeans.

"I dunno, why?" she rubbed her lips together, applying the lipgloss.

"No reason. Yes, got it!" he exclaimed in a celebratory fashion, after finally getting his zipper up.

"Come on kids! Let's go!" their mother called.

<>

"Emma, here let me put a braid in that hair," Mrs. Slater said walking up to her mother.

"Okay mother," she said looking down at her book.

"So Em, any cute boys at school?"

"Mother, I have no time for boys. And, why would I need a significant other at such a young age? It is simply unnecessary."

"Whatever you say darlin.  Just know, I think that Sasha kid likes you a bit," she said winking before going out to start the car.

Sasha? Like me? Ah, there is simply no way, she thought to herself, before getting up to go to the car.

<>

Brittany coughed as she entered her brother's room. "What smells so bad?" she managed to spit out.

"I took some of dad's cologne, don't tell him," he said spraying more.

"Sash! Stop!"

"No!"

"Why did you take it?"

"So I smell good."

"Well that, does not, smell good! I think you're usin too much."

"Get out."

"Fine, but mommy said we're leaving in ten minutes, so get ready faster!"

<>

After all the kids had their photos taken, they sat together at lunch.

"What is that absolutely retched smell?" Emma said scrunching her nose.

"That's Sasha," Brittany said taking a bite of her sandwich.

"No it's not!" he said with his cheeks tinted red.

"Yeah it is! You took dad's perfume!" All the girls started laughing.

"No I didn't! It's cologne! Gosh Brittany."

"Sorry, I just thought."

"Stop talking."

"Okay," she said crumpling up her napkin.

"Um Jenna," Val whispered, gently poking her. 

"What is it?"

"Do you wanna come play after school? We can play house, or whatever you want to play."

"Yeah that sounds fun, I'll ask my mom."

"Okay!"

"Guys! You all can come to my birthday party on Saturday!" Alan said excited. "Okay!" everyone accepted his offer.

"Brittany, are you gonna come?"

"Yeah I would love to," she leaned in and gave him a hug, leaving Alan all grins. The bell sounded again, and they all left and went back to their classes.

^_^

sasha is me tryna get in a relationship lol