Chapter 3

*Karis*

"Dead?" Alpha rose from his desk.

"Yes, sir!" the short but burly man replied.

"Then what was your vision, child?"

"I don't know," I squeaked.

"Well, I'll keep it in mind. Now let's celebrate!" he howled triumphantly. Jonny set my down on my feet and I crossed my arms.

"It will happen soon," I warned as I walked into the hall.

~~~~~

Seven Years Later

"It will happen soon," I spoke the same four words that I said when I was eleven. Jonny ran his hand over his face.

"Karis, you've been saying that for years and nothing has happened," he groaned. His mate, Lila, frowned at him.

"I believe her. My wolf is uneasy. It worries me when Daniel and Sarah aren't in my arms," she said. He groaned again.

"Just stop. It's your imagination," he growled. I frowned and walked into the kitchen.

"Mom, I'm going to go lie down for a bit," I told her.

"Alright, Honey. I'll put the pups to bed in my room then," she smiled at my niece and nephew. I nodded and went upstairs. I pulled my hair down and lay in my bed, staring at my ceiling.

"It will happen soon," I mumbled, closing my eyes. "And I'm the only one who can stop it." A year ago, I got my wolf and she explained my dream. He had an heir who was worse than he was. His heir would destroy the werewolf race, defeating all the other packs before killing his own, unless I stopped him.

'He's special. He knows we are here,' my wolf, Estelle, told me. 'It will happen soon.'

~

"Everyone, up! We're under attack!" Alpha's voice rang out through the pack link. I leapt out of bed and ran to my mother's room to grab the children.

"Mom, we need to go, right now!" I returned to my room to grab my pre-packed bag full of a bit of everything for everyone. Lila ran to me and grabbed Daniel.

"Let's go," Mom said. We ran outside into the war zone. We dodged bodies and bolted past the battling wolves to the pack house.

*Natalie*

Sarah was shoved into my arms and I barely caught her as I watched Karis run towards the man who was strangling Delta Bryan. "Stop! Stop! I'm here! Leave them alone! Take me!" she screamed. The man froze and stared at her. She flung herself on him and kissed him. He dropped the Delta and hugged her tight.

"Mate," he growled out.