Chapter 9

*Karis*

The man stood and offered a hand. "It's a pleasure to meet the woman that helped my brother regain his sanity," he pressed his lips to the back of my hand. "And you have a little one. You've done well, Stone. Mother would be proud."

"I hope so. Why are you here?" my mate's lips twitched upward.

"I'll explain soon. As of right now, your mate seems tired. Take care of your family while I explore your lands. My wolf seems to believe our mate is in your pack."

"Go find her, Rock," Stone patted his shoulder and took my hand.

"I'll try to return by sundown," he smiled as he walked out the door. I looked up at Stone.

"I haven't seen him since before I shifted. He doesn't just visit. Something's going on," he frowned. I nodded and led him upstairs. I put Wyatt up in his room to play and my stomach churned, forcing me to empty my guts in the nearest toilet. Stone rubbed my back and held my hair as I puked.

"Mama, what you sicky?" Wyatt asked. I shook my head.

"I ate something weird, Baby," I said as I wiped my face and brushed my teeth to ward off the puke smell.

"Go lay down for a bit, Mate," Stone's eyes were black and full of worry. I kissed his cheek and obeyed. About an hour later I got up and took Wyatt downstairs where Stone sat at the table. I sat him in his high chair and put a plate of sliced apples on the tray.

"Babe, I'm worried. What if you are right and Wess is still alive? What if he wants Wyatt back?" I asked from the refrigerator. I heard a sigh and groan.

"I don't know. I do know that I won't let Wyatt go without a fight," he said. I hurriedly made chicken alfredo and filled an extra plate.for Rocky, who just walked in.

"I found her!" he grinned as we all sat down to eat. "A bit young but she's perfect!"

"Who?" Stone asked as I got Rocky a coffee.

"Her name's Ella Parker and Goddess she's beautiful!" he sighed happily, going on to describe her.

"Why are you here, Rocky?" my mate interrupted, leaning back in his chair. Rocky sighed heavily.

"Never could get around you," he scoffed as he stared into his cup. "Wess is now Alpha of the River Wind pack."

"What." Stone stared at him.

"He killed the Alpha, Beta, and Delta and their families. He mated with another alpha's daughter and they had a son. Wess killed the girl but the girl hid the son. Stone, he wants the son." Stone looked at me.

"He won't be getting him ever," I snapped.

"Really, Stone? Wanted to really be Dad, huh? Well Wess is stronger now than ever."

"He won't get his son. My son!" he roared. Wyatt sniffed.

"Daddy," he made grabby hands towards my mate. "Daddy, kissies. Mommy, Daddy need kissies." I smiled weakly.

"Can mommy have kissies too?" he nodded vigorously and pressed his lips to my cheek as soon as I picked him up. Stone wrapped his arms around us.

"I will always be your ally, Stone. My pack will be here soon."

"Pack?" Stone asked.

"I formed a pack; mainly of rogues that were exiled from a pack unfairly. A few of them have lived alongside Wess and can help us win against him."

"Thank you, Rocky," my mate smiled. I stood up to hug him but instead I dashed to the toilet, feeling my dinner rush out of me.

"Are you okay?" Rocky asked.

"No she's not. Watch Wyatt. I'm taking her to the pack doctor."  

Author's Note:

Hey guys! So this book is coming to an end but at the same time it isn't because this is the first book of a trilogy! Yay! So I thought that at the end of each book I'd do a Q&A. So if you want to ask the characters or me a question, pm me or comment! I absolutely love hearing from you guys! Happy reading!