Chapter 6

*Karis*

It was late in the afternoon when Stone finally let me get up. I showered and limped downstairs to eat. I pulled eggs and bacon from the fridge and pancake mix from the pantry. After I cooked enough for me and Stone, I put the items back in their places and called my mate from the stairs. "Babe! Come eat!" I heard him groan and walk down the hall. I went back to the kitchen to sit at the table.

"My back hurts," he groaned.

"Maybe if you had stopped when I suggested, we both wouldn't be this sore," I kissed his cheek and started eating. He sat and ate with me.

"You should meet the pack today," he said casually. I coughed and set down my fork.

"Today?! But we just mated!?" I exclaimed. He shrugged and shoveled another fork full of eggs into his mouth.

"Sooner is probably best. My pack might smell me on you but it doesn't mean they're smart enough to connect the dots." I frowned and continued eating. He placed a hand on my back and rubbed it. "They've been waiting so long for their Luna. They will love you," he assured me. I nodded and got up to put my plate in the sink. I returned to our bedroom to change into a cute black skater skirt and tucked a light blue off the shoulder in. I was just slipping on some light blue flip flops when Stone walked in.

"I'm ready," I smiled. He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"I'll be ready in a minute," he went into the closet. I took a second to put on mascara and a light lip shine and run a brush through my hair. "Let's go," my mate took my hand and we left the house. As we walked down the sidewalk to the pack house, pack members watched us in awe. Stone opened the doors to the loud mansion that became eerily silent as soon as my foot passed the threshold. The silence was broken by little footsteps running toward us.

"Wuna!" A tiny voice squealed. I barely managed to catch the boy as he tripped two steps in front of me. "Wuna, you so pwetty and nice and Awpha woves you so I wove you too!" He kissed my cheek.

"Luna! I'm so sorry! That omega pup escaped and I couldn't catch him! I'll make sure to punish him harshly for jumping on you!" a woman rushed forward and tried to snatch the child away from me. I stepped behind a red faced Stone.

"I gave Wyatt to you to care for. Not to keep contained like an animal," he growled out.

"Alpha, he's an omega! How can I care for him when he won't benefit the pack?"

"You have been relieved of your duties. I will care for the pup as my own," I said, holding him closer. Stone nodded in approval.

"You will spend a month in the cells for your incompetence," he snapped at the woman and almost immediately men grabbed her and dragged her away. Silence occurred again.

"Welcome, Luna Karis!" the pack echoed through the link.

"Mama!" the pup in my arms purred. Stone looked at him in surprise but allowed his lips to turn up into a smile.

"I will be adopting the omega into the alpha family and he will be the next alpha unless he desires to remain a warrior," he announced, making me squeal and pepper his face with kisses. "You may continue your leisure."

"Thank you, Stone!" I grinned.

"We have a pup but don't assume that he'll be our only one," he chuckled.  I nodded and kissed him before kissing Wyatt's nose.