Chapter 4

*Natalie*

I gasped.

"Please stop the fighting. No one else needs to die, Love," she pushed his hair from his face and pecked his cheek. He nodded and howled loud. His warriors ran toward him and I grabbed Lila's hand and dragged her so that we stood right behind Karis. He roared at us and made the children sob. "No, they are my family. My mother and my brother's mate and their children," Karis soothed him.

"Go help the wounded," he ordered his warriors.

"Go ahead into the pack house. I know Alpha Ian will want to speak to me," she smiled at us. I nodded and led Lila into the house.

*Karis*

I ran my fingers through his dark hair. He stared at me with his amber eyes that had love in them. "Mate," he whispered again. I nodded.

"I'm your mate, and I accept you," I smiled, kissing his cheek again. He growled and smashed his lips on mine. I closed my eyes as we kissed and whined when he pulled away.

"You're more beautiful than I could imagine," he murmured. I grinned.

"We need to talk to my Alpha before we go," I told him. He grunted and allowed me to lead him to the office where Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, and my brother waited. "Be nice."

"I'm not a nice person," he growled. I sighed and pushed him down a chair and sat on his lap.

"What's your name?" Alpha Ian asked.

"Stone Wake," he said.

"Why are you attacking us?" Beta Adrian asked.

"I'm not currently crushing your windpipe, am I? No because you're still vertical. Why did I attack? One, I wish to protect my pack. Two, the hunters have an alliance with rogues and another pack. I wish to eliminate that pack and destroy the hunters, thus finishing what my father started. I now have my mate and am stronger than ever. I will spare your pack if you wish to be my ally in this battle," Stone rose an eyebrow towards Ian.

"Treat Karis well. She is my sister and I will not hesitate to castrate you if you hurt her," Jonny threatened. Stone snarled at the idea.

"I've waited for years to find my mate. I will not ruin my one chance to be happy," he snapped, tightening his hold on me. I kissed his cheek, enjoying the long awaited embrace.  His lips twitched upwards in an almost smile.

"I'm going with my mate," I said. "But I am asking for permission to come visit whenever I'd like."

"Granted as an act of gratitude for saving the pack," Alpha Masters grinned.

"Come. My pack is getting restless," Stone rose and took my hand, leading me out of the pack house.

"Bye, darling. Come home soon with more grandbabies," Mom kissed my cheek as she hugged me.

"Bye bye auntie," Daniel and Sarah hugged my legs.

"Come visit soon," Lisa hugged me as well.

"Be safe, Hon. I'm a call away if you need me," Jonny kissed my forehead.

"Bye everyone," I whispered as I climbed onto the back of my shifted mate.