Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Karis*

'Our mate has accepted our pup and our pup has accepted us!' My wolf purred loudly as we felt a bond form with our pup.

"Dada?" The pup looked up at him as we left the pack house. Stone snapped his head towards him with a shocked look.

"Y-yes?" he continued to stare.

"Hold me?" Wy raised his arms towards him. Stone lifted the boy from my arms and held him close to his chest. "Wove you dada."

"I love you and your mother, pup," he grinned, rubbing his back as he yawned.

"Go ahead and take a nap, baby. We'll be here when you wake up," I kissed his forehead. He hummed and closed his eyes. "Thank you, Stone, for taking him in. He needs us."

"I know he does. I just wish I could've realized what she was doing sooner," he sighed as he opened the front door of our house. We stopped in front of one of the guest rooms and I gasped as I saw the room decorated perfectly for Wyatt.

"Stone, I love it!" I grinned as I watched my mate gently tuck our pup in the little bed and kiss his forehead. He then turned to me and kissed my cheek.

"I'll be in my office," he disappeared into the hall. I kissed Wyatt's cheek and turned on the monitor and night light before turning off the overhead light. I closed the door behind me and headed to the kitchen. I pulled out the ingredients for spaghetti and started cooking.

~

*Stone*

I growled as a lower ranked alpha whined through the phone. "Alpha Wake, I would greatly appreciate an alliance as rogues have weakened my pack beyond belief," he droned.

"No. Your pack is useless and gives no benefit to my own pack. Maybe you should choose a theta that actively trains instead of dictating. Don't ask again until your pack has drastically improved," I hung up and faced the paperwork that was piled on my desk. I quickly separated the papers into piles. As I glanced over the pack member files, I came across Wyatt's. 'Our pup shows promise,' my wolf purred. I agreed and opened his file. One sentence made me freeze and fill with rage. Father: Wess Reed; body never found. I snarled at the thought of that sad excuse of a wolf. Small hands rubbed my back, calming me down.

"Stone, what's wrong?" Karis pressed her lips to my cheek as I closed my eyes, enjoying the tingles shooting down my spine.

"His is Wyatt's pack file," I began. She hummed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Okay."

"He's not an orphan; well it wasn't confirmed."

"Which means?"

"His father, the rogue 'leader', might still be alive; his body was never found."