Chapter 20

"You didn't have to walk me all the way down here." Astoria said as they entered the Slytherin commons.  Draco shrugged.

"It's nice to revisit my old haunts." He said, tossing himself casually on one of the sofas. Astoria rolled her eyes and continued walking towards the girl's chambers.

"Well, Enjoy." She said, intending to walk away as soon as possible. 

'Wait, what? No thanks?" Draco said, blocking the way. He was getting into a nasty habit.

"Thanks." Astoria said sarcastically but he would not let her pass.

"You keep saying we should be friends but you don't exactly help me warm up to you." She said bitterly, turning to go around him. He stepped to the side. 

" You aren't exactly giving me a chance." He said. Astoria lifted a brow and looked at his face.

"I see it now." She said after a few seconds.

"What?" He asked.

"That horrid little boy that everyone hated." She said. Draco's eyes grew dark. He had been trying very hard to be civil up until that moment.

"So, you're like them then? Like everyone else who thinks i'm some callous monster?" Draco's voice was low.

"Aren't you?" Astoria said and immediately regretted it. She knew better than anyone that Draco was no monster. But she was too scared to step down- she had crossed a line but couldn't bring herself to apologize.

"Well, if i'm going to be treated like jerk,  I might as well act like one." He said, the old Draco resurfacing for a minute. Without warning, he reached out and pulled Astoria against him, bringing his lips down to hers. 

Shock was the first thing Astoria felt,  shock at the difference between kissing Greg and kissing Draco. She pushed him away angrily.

"Don't touch me." She said, preparing to storm out of the room.

"What? It's okay if that Fiddersoot gryffindor trash snogs you but I'm not allowed a tiny kiss?" He said, taking two long strides and planting another kiss on her. Astoria pushed him once more, this time her hand came up hard against his face. 

Again Astoria turned to walk away but Draco was irrational- feeling a ruthlessness he hadn't felt in a long time rise up out of his throat. He grabbed Astoria's arm and pulled her roughly into the shadows of a lonely corridor. 

"Stop." She called, tears beginning to form at her eyes but Draco couldn't stop himself if he wanted. Before she knew it, he had pinned her between himself and a wall and his lips were on hers in a painful kiss. 

The tears began to stream down her eyes, as she tried to push him away, but Draco was insistent and would not let his lips break from hers. After a few seconds, he finally managed to deepen the kiss. Astoria was alarmed, Draco had never frightened her before, and now here he was, completely overwhelming.  She wondered frantically how to stop him, he was after all much stronger than her. Her mind went blank as she looked for an answer- but that was her downfall. Suddenly her arms wrapped around his neck and she kissed him back, just as roughly as he.

Draco felt Astoria soften, his hands move down to her waist know, a smirk on his lips as he enjoyed every kiss twice as much now that she was kissing him back. It had been way too long since they kissed, way too long. 

How long they kissed for, Draco had no idea. He could only focus on how her lips felt- they were so soft, she was so soft. All he wanted to do was erase any trace of another- make sure she remembered him.  The kisses were much softer now, much less violent. They lazily leaned against the wall and clung to each other. Astoria's face streaked with tears and Draco's smirk pressed against her.