Introduction

My name is Astoria Ellen Greengrass. I was born on January 21st, 1982 in Wiltshire, England. My home- Rothum House.

Let’s see… What can I tell you about Rothum house? It wasn’t the largest of homes, but certainly, it was quite old. It was built in the early 1500’s by a man name Aerial Grengris. Aerial was a tradesman who made his fortune whilst still very young and managed to build an impressive home for his first wife. (it would later be home also to his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th wife before finally becoming home to my many times great grand mother) The house, in it’s original form, was in fact quite large- one of the most impressively large estates in French History!

French? Oui- as in France. That’s where Rothum House was originally located- before it was Rothum House. In those days, it was Roth Manor and it was quite breathtaking- so the pictures show.

During the time of the French Revolution- My Father’s Ancestor saw fit to leave the country but couldn’t bare to part with such an important part of Grengris history- so when he fled the continent, he brought his beloved home with him- At least the part of it he could carry.

At this point, you must be wondering how a man, of flesh and blood like everyone else, could possibly carry an entire house to a new continent. Especially during those ancient times where the majority of the population couldn’t tell left from right.

Well- I never said that he was a normal man, now did I? How silly of you to assume you know everything.

You see… My family is special- we are a part of an old regime and a long tradition of wizards. Our bloodline is long and PURE; dating back to Old Aerial Grengris who after many failed trials, was finally able to teach a mortal woman his scorcery- Thus creating a new pureblood line. Every child born of the union between him and his last wife were born with incredible powers.

All these years later, my family remains one of the most respected families known in the muggle world, but also one of the most highly regarded in the Wizarding world.

My Father, Alfred Greengrass was direct decendent from Aerial Gengris and worked for the Ministry of Magic up until his early death. My Mother, Haedi Greengrass (neé Ulfrin-distant cousins of the Black Family), is a socialite.

Whilst I grew, I had a brother, Sebastian, who everybody loved. He was 10 years my senior, handsome and clever, ready to take on the world. He, however; died at an early age as well- the ripe age of 18 and only a few years after my father.

My sister, Daphne, and I were close in age- but only in age as we never very much liked each other. I had to look in other directions to find any sort of friendship. That’s how I met Draco Malfoy.

He lived in a manor on the opposite side of the square. The Square in Wiltshire, is a large park that is surrounded by the most impressive and ancient families in the Region. Malfoy Manor stood opposite of Rothum House at the square, a large, thick wood in the back, the country side extended for miles on either side. The house itself was a long walk or drive from the square but the gate was visible from my home.

When I was young, I would always make sure to be on my best behavior- there would be no way i could risk not going for our Sunday Trot in the Square. All the most fashionable families in Wiltshire took the Sunday Trot. While we usually do not interact with the Muggles, we knew our home was important enough for us to have to be seen by them at the trot. Even the Malfoys, with their elevated airs, rode once around the Square for appearance’s sake. There was Lucius, who never look directly at anyone he did not consider his equal, Narcissa who very much looked like it reeked whenever a muggle was around and then, there was Draco.

I think i fell in love with Draco Malfoy when i first saw him at the age of 4- and this is where our story begins...