Memories, Part 2

°September 1st, 1991°

"Wait for me, wait for me, Daphne..." I called, trying to get past the crowds at King Cross Station. Daphne easily made it through the crowds as she was slim and very tall. I, on the other hand, was a bit plump and short so it was really no surprise they kept bumping me over.

"Mummy, she is so slow..." said Daphne, disdainfully. It also didn't help that I had insisted on pushing Daphne's trolley for her. I wanted to pretend that I was also going away to school, but I was still too young.

"Her legs are shorter than yours... it's not entirely fair." said Mummy, biting her lip. She knew that while Daphne was turning into quite a beauty, even at age 11 it was obvious, I was still very much, the ugly duckling.

"Sorry Mummy, this thing is heavier than i expected it to be" I said as we approached platform 9 3/4.

"Well then, hand it over. It's almost time, Kisses Mummy" said Daphne snobbishly. She had really let it go to her head that she was going to Hogwarts.

"Why, Hello!" called a soft voice from behind us. I turned and greeted Narcissa Malfoy with a smile. Nervously, i adjusted the rather ridiculous outfit mother had made me wear. It was a knee length white dress with a big pink ribbon around my waist- instead of giving me a waist,it only made me look even plumpier. I adjusted my glasses on my face.

"Hello Astoria, DAPHNE!!!" she called excitedly, turning to my sister who was absolutely radiant. She was wearing a similar dress in a darker color and less severe cutt. It looked completely different on her. Not to mention her very small waist made a big difference.

I turned to Lucius who was saying something to Draco. He looked wonderful, as always, except for the way they had pushed all his hair back. I rather liked it when he wore it look around his face.

"Hello Daphne, hello ASStoria" he said, making Daphne giggle. The adults pretended not to notice his mockery. I sighed, knowing that when he looked at me I would only be the little chubby kid forever.

A few minutes later, they had gone through the wall and were on other side. My mother stood talking with Narcissa about something i couldn't understand and so I gradually lost interest in the conversation and began to look around.

There was a rather large family of red headed boys headed towards the platform- a little girl stood beside them. I stared rather longingly, missing my own big brother- i really could have used a hug at the moment, some words of wisdom, but in my family we never spoke about those who had gone. Sebastian's death was never mentioned.

I looked back towards the large red head family and noticed a young boy with dark hair and spectacles.

"Mummy..." i said, pulling on my mother's hand.

"yes dear?" she asked, a bit annoyed at my interrupting her chatter.

"isn't it rather strange that boy had dark hair rather than the red of his family?" I asked innocently. There was silence for a few moments and turned to look at My mother, who was in turn watching Lucius. He looked very interested in the boy who had just crossed into Platform 9 3/4.

It wouldn't be until later that week that I would enter in my notebook: Daphne wrote home today- It seems that Harry Potter is at Hogwarts.

I don't suppose I have to tell you what happened at school that year, or the next.

°December 25th, 1994°

"Ron, you spoil everything!!!" i heard Hermoine Granger call after Ron Weasley. It was nearly the end of the Yule ball and I had been hiding out to catch a glimpse of the Magic.