8.

DELILAH POV

I'm waiting for my test results, after that afternoon when the guys held that mini intervention I did in fact go to the doctors. I promised Zack after all. Alex was supportive and came with, to be quite honest I don't know who was more frightened me or him.

Now it's two weeks later, we're back in this god awful place and waiting for the test results.

Alex is by my side, we're hand in hand. His leg is shaking up and down, his hands are sweating and his grip keeps tightening around me until he realises he's too tight and then he'll let go, only to do it again. This has been going on for around 20 minutes, but I don't want to disturb his thoughts, he seems preoccupied by not crushing my hand.

I will admit, these past two weeks have been hard. The instant lack of alcohol was a bit of a shock to my system, sleepless nights occupied me and I began to sweat a lot... in all honesty I have no answer as to why I was drinking so much, I guess to take my mind off things. I don't want to miss home, I don't want to miss my friends and family. But, I do.

Although I miss everything, I will never leave Alex. No, never. Alex is my all, my everything, my soulmate.

As the words enter my mind he turns to me, right on cue. Those brown eyes starring right at me, it's almost like he can't see me looking at him. It's weird, me looking at him looking at me. He looks tired, but not sleep deprived tired, just tired. Tired of life, tired of me. God I couldn't imagine him leaving me. And with that I look away, unable to keep a stable mind over the thought of him leaving me.

"Hey." his voice breaks the crisis in my mind and I turn to look at him. "You're my soulmate too." he smiles.

I chuckle, evidently I said that out loud.

"I love you DJ. You don't need to say it back, I know you love me too. I know you do." he smiles. "I didn't tell you because I didn't think you noticed but, you told me you loved me you know..." he's almost smug about it and shimmy's his shoulders at me to show off a tad. The goofball.

I don't remember telling him I loved him, it's something I've never said to Alex.

"Alex." I cup his face with my left hand, take my right hand away from his hand and use that to cup the other side.

"DJ" he replies, placing both his hand on my thighs, squeezing them a tad.

"I love you."

There it was, the first time I purposely told Alexander William Gaskarth that I loved him. Sitting in a doctors waiting room, about to get medical test results and the weird thing is, it was perfect. I leaned into him, bringing our lips together and it was like having our first kiss all over again. The cheesy sparks, the butterflies everything! It was all there. The simple peck lasted a few seconds, no tongue or anything but honestly it was one of the best kisses I have ever had, not just with Alex but ever.

I never wanted this moment to end.

But as all good things seem to do, this did. We were brought out of the trance we was in together by an awkward coughing, it was our Doctor, Dr. Ling.

"I'm sorry to disturb the loved up couple, but Miss Maria I have your test results, would you like to step in my office please. And if Miss Maria is happy you are welcome to join Mr Gaskarth." he smiled at us, but there was something about his smile. The eyes behind the smile didn't match the smile, I glanced at Alex who's face matched Dr Ling's eyes.

I stood up, grabbing onto Alex's hand and followed behind Dr Ling. Dr Ling opened his door, and motioned us in. Typical Doctors office, medical examination stuff the lot.