4. I...Capture a Flag?

Sorry again for not updating
School and... I really need to stop making excuses
One good thing, I got the Magnus Chase book!
I am not kidding, he is like Percy 2.0 with more sass and the fact that he hates blue
Scratch that, he's not like Percy at all.
Happy Reading!

4. I...Capture a Flag?

My biggest surprise yet: I had actually gotten used to everything around me.

Okay, I know it may sound weird, due to the fact that I have a centaur teaching me archery and a nymph teaching me to canoe.

Nevermind. It's most certainly weird.

It had almost been a week since my miraculous kidnapping on Monday. Now I'm even more grateful because I was just about to take an algebra exam. Honestly, I'd rather be kidnapped again than take another test.

My day was as normal as it could possibly get at Camp Half-Blood. I had archery in the morning with Chiron, studied Greek with one of the Athena campers, and generally waited for some clue as to who my dear old dad could be.

No such sign had come.

I was thinking about this while I was walking back to the Hermes cabin. Hephaestus didn't seem likely as I couldn't build anything to save my life and I'd had some bad experiences with fire. (Long story.)

Apollo was much to flashy for my liking, especially since he had sun duties. I'd always preferred the moon and night. But I had some skills that the Apollo kids had. I was fairly good at archery and my mother claimed my singing was better than I thought it was.

By the time I had gotten to the Hermes cabin. I had practically removed any possibility that any of the gods could be my father. It just wasn't likely. Especially when a fellow cabin mate described some of them and it sounded like I certainly didn't look like any of them. It was a minor consolation that some of  the campers looked like me.

Realizing I was pacing in the cabin, I stopped and looked around. Nobody was here. But they were probably all busy with their activities. A small spark twinkled at the corner of my eye, but it was only a mirror. I walked over and studied myself, trying again to find any similarity to any god.

You could tell right off the bat that I was different than them. Instead of Caucasian-tanned skin like many of the gods had, my skin looked more like caramel, something I'd inherited from my mother. Eyes so brown they were nearly black looked back at me and darted over to my hair, which was almost the same color.

I was short. There was no other way to put it. I doubt any of the gods had trouble reaching high cabinets.

I'd always heard both compliments and complaints about my skinny body. Wow, You're so skinny! You probably eat nothing! Ha! You should see how much I really eat.

The same compliments and complaints carried over onto my hair. It was very wavy. Some people mistook them for curls. I mistook it for a bird's nest every morning.

Again ruling out any hope for me at all, I walked out the door as quickly as I had gone in. Maybe Sadie could help me out.

...............................................................

I found her walking out of the open air arena. Her hair brushed against her shoulders and her jeans were scratched up. No doubt that she had fought someone good. Or encountered a rabid squirrel.