27. Pro Tip: Don't Throw a Marker at a Water Demon

Hey guys!
Sorry about posting a day late! I couldn't get my hands on a computer yesterday
I was watching the Moana trailer and its alarming how alike Moana and Lila look. Like seriously. Caramel skin. Black wavy hair. Moana has a bit more muscle and has a different facial structure, but they're almost exactly alike

Anyways, Happy Reading!

28. Pro Tip: Don't Throw a Marker at a Water Demon

Sadie POV

When Lila's mom opened the door, Sadie knew something was wrong.

A violin played from inside the apartment, the melody fast and smooth. Lila only played her violin when she was upset.

"I'm glad you came so quickly," Ms. Hernandez said, pulling her in a quick hug and ushering her into the lavish apartment. "She's in her room."

"Do you know what's wrong?" Sadie asked, eyeing Lila's bedroom door worriedly. "She didn't tell me anything when she texted me."

Ms. Hernandez pursed her lips. "I think it's better if she explained."

Sadie hesitated before knocking on her best friend's door. Even though she had only known her for five months, she knew that Lila could get explosive when she was angry. Literally. On one of the rare times that they argued, Lila hadn't been paying attention and had frozen a glass vase to the point that it shattered. She hadn't used her powers for almost a month after that.

Sadie knocked on the door tentatively and the violin stopped. The door flew open and Sadie yelped as she was yanked into the room, the door closing as soon as she went inside.

Sadie's sense of unease increased when she saw the state of Lila's room. Lila was almost as much of a neat freak as her mom. She couldn't live in a messy room for more than a week before freaking out and organizing everything.

But now, Lila's room was most definitely a mess. The bedsheets were in disarray on her bed. Some books were haphazardly thrown on her desk. Her Macbook was tossed on her bed. Lila's violin lay next to it, it's glossy wood almost enveloped by the dark grey comforter.

Lila was staring at her intently. Her eyes flickered green every few seconds. "Did you know about this?"

"No...?" Sadie said.

Some of the tension in Lila's shoulders melted. "Good. I'm guessing you haven't seen it yet."

Sadie frowned. "Seen what?"

Lila sat down moodily on her bed and turned her Macbook so that Sadie could see the screen. "This."

On the screen was a YouTube video. It was muted, but it was obvious that the group of girls that sit in a half circle were singing. Lila sat in the middle. Sadie recognized two girls to her left. They were the Maselli twins; daughters of Tyche, the goddess of good luck. Sadie was sure she had seen the other two girls around at camp, but she didn't know her names.

But that wasn't what bothered Sadie. "I thought you couldn't use cameras at camp!"

Lila's eyes flickered. "You can't."

"Technology doesn't do well with magic," Sadie continued. "That's why all the phones don't work when we're at camp. Even the magical cameras don't work unless-"

"Someone authorized it," Lila finished, her eyes blazing.

"But Chiron wouldn't let anyone do this! He wouldn't intentionally put any of us out in the open!"