The Beginning of A New Life

"Liv I don't think this is a good idea" says El looking me in the eyes.
"Listen, I saved these girls, we have a bond. I can't just ignore it El! Besides, I've always wanted kids, these girls are perfect. I'm ready for this." I said trying to make him see and feel the same as I do.
Suddenly I see the girls come around the corner and my knees buckle. Is this is? Will I finally be a mother? No, it couldn't be real, he's probably just bringing them out the doors to go to the foster care office for paperwork.
"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Smith said walking with the girls.
"Are you kidding? I've been ready!" I ran to the girls and embraces them in a warm hug. "Don't worry, we're going to make this work I promise!" I wrapped my arms around the girls' shoulders and walked them to the bunks.
"Here you guys can stay in here while I finish work and then we'll go and get some food. I bet you're hungry, then we'll go home and I'll get some space set up for both of you." Neither of them said a word, they just looked at me and then at each other and then back at me, honestly I couldn't tell if they were happy or not. Suddenly after I caught them looking at each other again they both jumped up and hugged me.
"Thank you so much Liv! You won't regret this!" Liberty said hugging me tighter.
"I promise I'll try not to let either of you down." Said Caroline, still hugging me. I pulled away from the hug and looked her in the eyes.
"Sweetheart, you could never let me down! I'll love you no matter what and I promise I'll try to be a good role model and parent to you guys on my own." I embraced both of them again and then explain that I had to leave to finish work and left the bunks to go to my desk.
"I can't believe this is happening! I've tried so hard to help you and finally you get a home, and even better...we'll always be together now!" Liberty told Caroline as she gave her a hug.
"I'm excited too, finally I'll have a mom again. I can't wait to finally be able to sleep and not have to worry about someone coming in and doing anything." Caroline said grabbing a pillow and gripping it tight.
"I'm sorry that that ever happened go you. But now, as your big sister; I will never let anything like that ever happen to you again, EVER! I promise!"
"I love you" Caroline said go Liberty with tears in her eyes.
"I love you too, and please never forget that. I might not be by your side every second of every day to protect you, but I'll always be in your heart and I'll always care about you. I've got your back Caroline, I mean it!"
"I know, I'm glad you don't have to leave me. I don't know what I would do without you."
"Well luckily now, you'll never have go find out what you would do. I love you." The two girls sat in a silent hug for quite awhile, both crying happy and sad tears.
"Girls are you ready to go?" Said Liv as she walked into the dark,silent room. "Sorry it's been so long, I just closed a case and all the paperwork is due tomorrow so I needed to finish it. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you"
"It's ok, we've been pretty good in here by ourselves, I guess we're just used to it."
"Well, now that you love with me. You'll never have to do that again. I'll always try my best to keep you both safe and happy, I promise." And with that being said, Liv took her two girls home and they all sat quietly with their arms around each other watching a movie and eating their dinner.
Maybe this won't be so bad. Maybe it'll all be alright for once. Thought Caroline.
At least, I sure hope so.

*****alright guys so I know it's a little short and probably not what any of you were hoping for but I had a tight schedule and couldn't make you all wait until tomorrow for the update. Leave me a comment on what you liked or didn't like and what can change....and hey guys, those of you who are pretty active in this story, give me some suggestions!! Just a heads up, next chapter is going go be pretty dramatic so watch out!****
****ps Caroline is 16 and Liberty is 15***