Chapter 7

*Lily's POV*

I was still freaking out about what Emma had shown me, but knowing Niall he would never let anyone hurt me, even a jerk of an ex-boyfriend. I was really excited for today, I have always seen them in interviews but now I get to be there as they're being interviewed, I can't wait! The elevator came to a stop, "Ok girls your rooms are to the left and the boys are to the right." Paul told us.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you tonight?" Niall asked me.

I smiled and leaned up on my toes to kiss him on the cheek, "Goodnight Niall."

"Ok goodnight, night Emma." He said to Em as she was unlocking our door.

"Goodnight Niall, Lou, Liam, Harry." Then she walked inside.

"Yeah goodnight to you too Emma!" Zayn shouted after her.

I walked over to Zayn, "don't feel bad, she has the habit of shutting people out when they get too close." I gave him a small hug, as well as Louis, Liam, and Harry. "Goodnight guys." I followed Emma into the room.

When I walked in I was not expecting how huge it was, basically like a house in a apartment, it had a large living area with two hallways that led to two different rooms on each side.

"Emma?"

She was walking out of the room to the left, "Oh my gosh Lil, you have to see the bathrooms!" as she grabbed my hand and took me to the room.

"Em we need to talk-"I stopped talking when she led me into a bathroom that had a walk in shower, with a vanity mirror off to the side, it just looked amazing.

"What did you want to talk about?" Emma turned to me.

"What? I forgot." I smiled.

We got ready for bed, for some weird reason I couldn't shake this feeling that something was wrong. I just hope it's just a feeling.

*Niall's POV*

"Niall?" I felt someone shaking me awake. I grunted just cause I didn't want to get up, maybe they will leave.

"Niall?" I recognize that voice now.

"Lily?" I awoke suddenly. "everything ok?" as I turned on the bedside lamp. I looked at her, her eyes were red and puffy as though she was crying, and she looked scared.

"Niall, something happened."

"Lil what it is?" As I got to my feet and took her hands in mine, she was shaking.

"M-M-Mattie."

All I could do was wrap my arms around her, "shhh princess he isn't going to hurt you anymore."

"Niall," the way she said my name sent shivers through my body, "he was just in our room."

"WHAT?!" I felt her jump, I kind of pushed her away and started walking out of the room, and I met Zayn at the door, with Emma following behind him.

"What's going on?" I heard a sleepy Harry asking.

"Go back to bed Haz." I pulled our front door open to find the hallway empty, "What the fuck? Where is Paul?"

"His went to bed; he said he left two new guys in charge." Zayn said as he walked into the hallway. I turned to the girl's room I didn't have to say much for Zayn to follow, I think Emma was reason enough. I walked into their room, went straight to the bedrooms turned on the lights, I heard Zayn on the other side of the suite doing the same.

"Anything?" As we walked out into the living area at the same time.

"Nothing, they must have left. I think you girls can go back to bed now."

I looked up to see Lily and Emma standing by the door.

"Yeah, come on Lil. There is no one here." She walked in and walked straight towards me, and wrapped her arms around me.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" she whispered against my bare chest, it gave me the chills, and I forgot I wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Yeah you can." All I could think about was how small her fragile body was, if that dick would have touched her I can guarantee he wouldn't be walking anymore. I pulled away from her and cupped her chin, "from now on you girls will be staying in the same suite as us." She nodded and just hugged herself to me again.

*Zayn's POV*

Emma wasted no time running to me once Lily left her side.

"I'm so sorry Zayn." She whispered to me while hugging me.

"What for?"
"For acting like a bitch, you don't deserve that, I just have this habit of not trusting people."

"You can trust me Em." As she let go at looked at me, "I know this cheesy to say but no one will hurt you, I don't know who you're afraid of but I promise he will not get any closer to you. Now let's get your stuff so you can stay in my room."

She nodded and took my hand in hers, it's weird how perfect some ones hand can fit in yours, her hand were small compared to mine, but they still fit. I was in danger of falling hard for her, but first I have to show her that I'm not like the other assholes she has been with, I like her and I'm going to show her every day, remind her every day. She led me to her room; all of her stuff was still in her bags so she didn't have to grab much. Then she started to put stuff in her bag, "what the hell?!"

"What?"

"They took my phone!"

"Who?"

"Sean and Mattie."

"Who's Sean?"

She stopped rummaging and froze; I walked behind her and placed my hand on her waist, turning her towards me.

"Em, love, who's Sean?" I cupped her face, she started crying.

"I'm so sorry Zayn." She shook her head and pulled away from me, she started walking towards the door; no I'm not letting this happen. I stopped her at the door.

"Emma, trust me, tell me." I took her hands in mine and pleaded. For what seems like hours she stared into my eyes, I saw so many emotions go through her hazel eyes.

She sighed, "A year before Lil moved in I was dating a guy named Sean, he was everything to me, my best friend, and I thought at the time the love of my life. That was before I found how controlling he was, before I knew it I couldn't even go to the restroom on my own. After a few months I called it off, I got a restraining order on him; I changed my number, moved. He somehow always found me; it wasn't till after Lily moved in that I never heard from him again. Till we got off the plane today, he texted me saying he and Mattie found us, that they wanted us back."

"Why didn't you tell us? We could have protected you more! We could have had Paul make sure that you girls were safe! Come on Emma you have to trust us, we aren't like them!" I didn't mean to yell but all of this could have been prevented.

"They threatened Lily!" She screamed at me, "What was I supposed to do?! I can't lose the only person in this world I can trust not to hurt me! She is the only family I have! What do I do if she is gone?!" She fell down on the floor as she was exhausted from explaining this. I sat down on the floor with her and pulled her closer.

"Emma, we can be your family too, you can trust me, and you can trust Niall, Harry, and Liam and yes even Louis." I heard her give a shaky laugh. "You don't have to carry the world on your shoulders; it's nice to let someone help from time to time."

She wrapped her arms around me, then leaned and kissed my cheek, "thanks Zayn."

"Anytime love." I kissed the top of her head, I know how Niall feels, how it's impossible for him to leave Lily alone, he is in love with her, I'm pretty sure I'm falling for Emma just as much.

*Hope you enjoy this one! I'm really liking writing this story! So I would like to hear some feedback! Thank you for reading! Love you all!*