Part 2

"Come on Dean, let her go with us on this one." Sam pleaded as he followed Dean.
"Absolutely not, Sammy!" Dean gritted out as he opened the trunk.
"Dean, she can help us." Sam replied placing a hand on the trunk.
"Forget it. No way in hell am I dragging her into this." Dean said looking up at Sam and giving him a look that said the conversation was over.
"What if that thing goes after her? It could have caught her scent earlier. Something doesn't want her helping since her tires were slashed." Sam said in earnest.
Dean stood his ground, "All the more reason to not let her help! It's too dangerous."
"Dean, I want to help though..." You say softly as you approached the Winchester brothers.
"Y/n, no." Dean said a matter of factly and slammed the trunk closed.
Sam offered you a look that suggested that ya'll could win this. You took a deep breath, "Dean Winchester, you aren't dragging me anywhere. I'm more than willing to go with you and Sam."
Dean had opened the door and was in the process of getting in and stopped.
"So, just like that we are supposed to let you run with us? Because you want to? I want a lot of things and you know what? I still haven't gotten them." Dean said looking over at you.
"I won't be more trouble than what I'm worth. I think proved myself back there with ya'll and I'm not new to this crazy supernatural stuff. And let's face it Dean, you need all the help you can get." You reply crossing your arms across your chest and cocking out a hip.
Sam looked over at Dean with a facial expression that he thought you did have a point.
Dean looked long and hard at you from across the hood of the car.
"Fine you're in." He gritted out.
A smile crossed your lips and Sam joined you in smiling.
"But, one fuck up and you are out." Dean warned pointing a finger at you.
"Yes, sir." You replied headed toward the passenger's side back door of the Impala.
Dean got in and closed the door and began mumbling to himself.
"You can ride shotgun." Sam offered as he walked up to you.
"Oh, I don't want to impose-"
"No, it's fine really. I'll like the back seat better anyways because I can stretch out." Sam replied with a smile as he opened the passenger's door for you.
"Okay." You replied a little nervously as you slid in the seat and Sam closed the door.
Sam entered the back seat and closed the door.
Dean who was mumbling to himself started the car and began, "Sam-" His eyes caught you in the front seat. He turned his head back toward the road and muttered 'son of a bitch' as he threw the Impala in drive. Ya'll had been driving in mostly silence for a few hours now. The only time Dean talked to you was to occasionally ask where he was supposed to turn. Sam's soft snores from the back seat were the only sounds in the car besides the occasional shifting from you. Dean had shed his jacket long ago, it was tossed over the back of the front seat, and the air conditioner was on high. You had begun to get chilled since your jacket wasn't thick at all. You lightly rub one of your arms, not wanting to aggravate Dean more than what he was, by messing with his car.
"Cold?" He asked as he slightly glanced over at you.
"A bit, but I'm fine." You replied offering a small smile, hoping he could see it in the dashboard lights.
"Here." He said laying the jacket in your lap, his knuckles lightly grazing against your leg.
"Thanks, Dean." You said as he also reached over and turned down the AC a bit.
"Don't mention it." He said focusing back on the road.
You unfold the jacket and lay it across the front of you. Dean's scent filled your nostrils and it took everything you had to keep from sinking your nose into the fabric and taking a long deep breath. You moved around a bit and finally got comfortable. You began to doze off, cuddled in Dean's jacket. You were stirred by his soft husky voice. You did not open your eyes immediately, instead you listened. Dean was actually singing.

"Mamma told me, when I was young. Come sit beside me, my only son..." You knew the words well, it was Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd. You kept your eyes closed so Dean would think you were still asleep and enjoyed every second of that deep, gruff voice singing softly. As the song finished you yawned, stretching your arms like you had just woken up. "Are we almost to a motel?" "Bout 15 miles away." Dean answered keeping his eyes straight ahead, almost seeming nervous that perhaps you had heard his little production. "Sammy! Up and at 'em, go check us in," Dean said as they pulled into the small, dinky motel. Sam rose slowly and drug himself sleepily out of the Impala. "You have a beautiful voice." You said confidently, as soon as you were alone, hoping it wouldn't embarrass him. His cheeks grew red and he looked down. "Well, it gets boring on long drives, gotta keep yourself awake...and I thought you were asleep..." He said cocking one eyebrow and giving an adorable half smirk. You felt your ears grow hot again, "It's one of my favorite songs." "Mine too." Dean said as you both just stared at each other, wishing you knew what the other was thinking. Suddenly you were broken out of your trance by Sam. "Guys, hello....Can we please go to the room now? I'm tired." Once inside the small hotel room, Sam crashed immediately face first on one of the double beds. You weren't tired in the least. Dean pulled out two beers from his ice chest and handed one to you. You talked for hours into the night. You told him how your father had been a hunter. He'd never let you out on a case, but sometimes you did research for him. It turned out Dean's friend Bobby had known your dad. They'd worked a case together, one that sounded a lot like this one. The longer you talked, the more you found you had in common like love for classic rock and fixing up old cars. It seemed like with each minute Dean was inching closer and closer to you, you could get lost in those beautiful green eyes. You could feel the overwhelming chemistry between the two of you, your chairs only inches apart. He had said something about funny pranks he used to play on Sammy and you laughed so hard you almost fell out of your chair and had to grab his leg to hold on. Feeling flushed with embarrassment and knowing this was not the right time. "Okay, and with that note, I think I'm going to sleep." You said. "Probably should at least try to get my four hours." Dean said looking at you longingly as he slowly got up from the chair and held out his hand for you to take. You could tell he was a gentleman and wouldn't take advantage of the situation. "You can have the bed and I'll take the couch, no arguments." He quickly added before you had time to say anything. "Goodnight, Dean." "Goodnight, y/n." You feel asleep as soon as you hit the mattress, but what you didn't know was that Dean watched you sleeping peacefully until sleep finally overcame him as well.
Later that morning, you wake up and couldn't get back to sleep. You decided to get a jump start on the research, so you fire up the laptop.