Part 6

The snapping of a twig woke you from your intense dream. You lay there a moment or two, seeing if you could hear anything else. The birds where chirping, bugs buzzing and a chattering squirrels overloaded your senses. You relax a bit, knowing that the woods would not be so active if there were predators about. You crack open your eyes and daylight floods your vision for a few seconds. Once your eyes adjusted you open them more to see Dean lying next to you. He has one arm under your head and his, while his other one his holding you tight against him. He had apparently tossed his jacket over both of you before calling it a night. You tilt your head up a bit and realize that his face is only inches from your own. You look at his full lips slightly apart and his lashes casting shadows on his face. You bite your own lip trying to resist the urge to bite his. You remember the few moments you had in the hotel and color creeps into your face. You lick your lips nervously and try to focus on something other than Dean's lips. You nearly jump out of your skin when he groggily says, "Hey." His mouth tips up into a smile and pulls you closer. He buries his nose into your hair, "I didn't mean to scare you." He says muffled. "It's okay." You reply smiling and lightly clutching the front of his shirt. The two of you stay like that for a while before Dean sighs as he places a kiss on your head and gets up. You prop yourself up on an elbow as Dean stands and stretches. His shirt rises a bit and you catch a glimpse of his abs. He turns and catches you staring. He chuckles as he offers a hand and you try to ward off the heat creeping into your face. You take it and he effortlessly pulls you to your feet. You straighten up your clothes as Dean walks toward Sam, who was crouched. "Anything?" Dean asked looking at the ground near Sam. Sam tilted his head up, "Morning sunshines." He waved at you. You smiled sheepishly and waved as you started towards them. "And yeah, it was here sometime." Sam said standing and brushing off his jeans. "How close?" You ask as you stood by Dean. "Fifty yards. It somehow got though the first line of protection. It took of west, where we thought the lair would be." Sam said looking in that direction. You swallow hard, if it had made it through the second line of defense, you may have not been here. "Alright, let's pack up and go kill this son of a bitch." Dean replied glancing between you and Sam.
"Well it obviously knows we are here. It's hunting us." You say, walking back to the camp. The boys stay, looking at the marks and you can hear them discussing options. You grab your bag and pull out a brush to tame your mane. You weren't much into your looks, but nobody needed to see that bedhead. You smile as you think about being so close to Dean last night, his scent... Your thoughts are broken as Sam comes into view. "So we think the best course of action is to hunt thing now while it's daylight, its lair can't be too far away." He says as he opens the duffel to start taking a weapons count. "Let's hope we have what we need then if we come across it." You say, knowing you don't have the fearless attitude the boys possess. "Don't worry y/n, we won't let anything happen to you." Sam says with a smile as he wraps a belt around him and sticks in a huge machete. The three of you start walking from where the creature disturbed your protection symbols.