Part 5

Sam had already taken out his phone and was calling Dean. "Hey, we got something. We heard a call, it sounded a ways off, but definitely something." You couldn't hear Dean's side of the conversation, but you kept alert. "I'll send you the coordinates..." Sam was saying as you gently touched his shoulder. He looked at you and then up to the forest canopy where you motioned. "We have blood swipes and claw marks halfway up the trees. So we are in its ballpark." You shift a bit uneasily, wondering how far off the creature was. Your muscles where humming with tension and anticipation as you continued to survey your surroundings. "Alright, see you in a bit." Sam hung up, pulled up the coordinates and texted them to Dean. A bird chirped from a nearby tree and you let out breath you hadn't known you had been holding. You lowered your gun and tried to relax as the forest seemed to come back to life. Sam gave you a small smile as he walked over to a downed tree. "How far off do you think it was?" You ask following him. "Tough to say with the wind and density of the forest. Maybe two miles or so, give or take." He replied pulling two bottles out of his bag. An involuntary shiver ran down your spine as you sat down with your back against the tree. Sam offered you a bottle of water, "Now we just have to wait for Dean."

You sat and waited for Dean. A slight breeze blew through your hair, making you shiver. The temperature was getting cooler as the sun began to disappear. You sat quietly and watched your surroundings. Sam had the map pulled out and was doing some new calculations. There was a rustling in the leaves behind you and Sam, as a reflex you both pulled your guns and spun around to face what was there. You swallowed hard as your finger tightened on the trigger. You were hoping it wasn't the Tsiatko, or anything big. All of a sudden a familiar shape emerges from the shadows. "Dean!" Dean threw his hands up, "Just me guys." You both sighed in relief and lowered your weapons. "You find anything on your side?" Sam asked as he holstered his gun in the back of his pants. "General eeriness, but nothing like what you guys got." Sam pulled out his phone to take pictures of the markings on the trees as Dean came up beside him to check them out as well. You watched them talk about possible options with their backs to you. These brothers were certainly having an effect on you, just in the short time you had known them, especially Dean. Your thoughts were drifting but you pulled yourself back. "Guys, what's the plan?" They turned around and looked at each other. "Well it seems like we are really close to finding it, we might need to camp out and see if it makes an appearance tonight." Sam said looking through his pack for some snacks. "You don't think it'll be more dangerous, letting it come to us?" You said feeling uneasy even though you knew the best thing was to see this thing ganked. Dean tilted his head and looked at you sweetly, "Don't worry honey, we'll protect you, just gotta stay close together." He said with that smirk and a wink. You raised an eyebrow at him and sighed. "Well gotta do what we gotta do, I guess." You said trying to calm your nerves, at least Dean was here now too.
Darkness totally enveloped the sky. Soon the fire was roaring, the wood crackling as each piece grew hotter. Your dad had always taken you camping, wanting to make sure you knew your survival skills. Had he been prepping you to become a hunter like him? Sam walked around the immediate area drawing symbols he had read about that were supposed to keep the monster at bay if it did try to come near your camp. "Chances are we won't see this thing at night." Sam said as he continued drawing the symbols into the sandy areas around you, forming a circle, "If it does at least we can try to be prepared." He said, pausing to look up and smile at you. Dean appeared out of the bushes and knelt down to warm his hands by the fire. "Ok guys, I scouted out about hundred yards in each direction, if it comes around hopefully we can track it back to its home base." He said with a wink in your direction. "Maybe you should try to get some sleep y/n, we'll be watching over you." He sat down next you, pulling his arm around you as you snuggled into him. The scent of his skin was pure intoxication. You slowly drifted off, dreaming about what Dean Winchester's hands would feel like all over you.