My Life Gets Not-Boring

My life is rather boring. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. It's true.

My name is Jaylen Sams. I've got long brown hair with blond tips, brown eyes,  dimples (sort of). I'm your typical 8th grade nerd. I don't have many friends, I get straight As, and I get bullied. What more could I be?

But I need to get this out of the way. This isn't gonna be a sad story like you might think. Yeah I get bullied but that's not even the main focus of this book. This is about something completely different.

Three guys.

They are Carson Pulaski, Ben Hock, and Josh Adams.

Let's get to my day. You'll meet each of them one by one and I assure you that you will have at least one ship by the end of this book, so get ready for the rollercoaster that is my life where only one ship can win.

On that note, let's get to my life.

--

Ring! Ring! Ring! An alarm clock burst to life on my bedside. I woke up with a shout. "Agh! I'm late!"

I sprinted down the hall, with my t-shirt only half on, and into the kitchen. I shoved a bowl of food into my mouth and dashed to get my bag slung over my back. I checked my phone once and saw nothing. Typical. I ran out the door and down the driveway just as the bus turned onto my street. I can assure you, this is normal.

I bounced up the steps of the bus and sat in my usual seat, alone in the corner. It's all good here.

I played my phone for a while until we went down His street. Get ready, your about to meet my first crush.

We stopped at a big white house that looks kinda like a tiny version of the President's house. It's white with big pillars that extend from the roof to the front patio. Big windows extend across the front, and back of the house. It's almost double the size of mine, and ten times more grand. My eyes widen every time I see it.

A boy burst out of the front door with the back of his backpack flapping open. Typical Ben. He's even later than I was.

Ben Hock slid into the seat next to me, despite there being empty seats surrounding me, us now.

Ben Hock was popular. Why he sits by me, I don't know. He's the perfect example of a popular. He's got the looks, that's not even questionable. He's got bright blue eyes with short blond hair that's isn't so short that it looks like he's bald but it isn't so long that it looks like he's got a rat nesting on his head. He's in every sport imaginable and has the muscle to back that up. No wonder he's popular.

"Hey." He smiled at me and pulled out his phone. "How's it goin?"

"Good." I smiled and peered over his shoulder. "Whatcha playin?"

I know, so far sounds like a perfectly friendly conversation, and it might be for Ben but it's not for me. I really like him. Like really like him. I know it sounds crazy since he's a walking stereotype but I don't care. I'm just in that group of stereotypical fangirls that follow him everywhere. But at least we're friends. Or so I thought.

As we got off the bus at out school, Pine Middle School, and joined the group of students outside, waiting for the doors to open. I felt a small tap on my shoulder and I turned around. My friend Hadyn was standing behind me. "So did you ask him?!?" She asked.

"No." I frowned. She keeps reminding me!!

Now I need to explain this. Hadyn dared me to ask out Ben by the end of the week. And today is Friday. I have to ask him out today.

I quickly dashed through the crowds until I found Ben. Im finally gonna do it.  I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned to look at me. I pulled him to the side and said it. "You wanna go out with me?"

"What?"

"I said. You wanna go out with me?"

He frowned at me. Not a good sign... "No." He walked away.

I just stood there. How could he do this? Why? I stood there for a while, looking like an idiot, until Hadyn found me.

"What did he say?" She asked.

"Nothing." I frowned and walked away, hoping she wouldn't ask again but she did.

"What. Did. He. Say?" She asked again.

"Nothing!" I shouted and left.

I can't believe he just flat out said it, it seemed as if he didn't even care about my feelings.  Maybe he didn't but that doesn't me he can't be nice to me. We had so many memories together, before I even started to like him.

-Flashback-

I danced across the stage humming the melody to a simple song with a simple tune. I spun in circles until I bumped into someone. I turned around and found myself staring into the dark blue eyes of Ben Hock. "Woah." He stared at me.

"You here for auditions?" I asked him, smiling slightly.

"Yeah." He smiled back and we went back to what we were doing.

As I was dancing across the stage I suddenly felt someone start to dance behind me and I turned to see Ben dancing behind me. He followed my movements and finally I turned around and we danced together, spinning in synch. It was one of the best days of my life.

-Back to Present Day-

As I was running away I tripped. Aren't I just awesome at this stuff? Anyways, I fell to the curb and almost got ran over by a bus.

As you can tell, that is not your idea of a perfect relationship. It's not mine either. But what happened next was.

I felt a hand pull me up off the ground...