A Kid Almost Breaks A Bone

I sat down on the bus and smiled as we drove to Jake's house. The bus stopped and I looked out the window, Jake was running down the driveway and jumped onto the bus.

"I'm a little late today." He grinned at me as he sat down in my seat. Like Ben used to. I quickly shook that thought out of my mind and smiled at Jake.

"You know, we should do something like that again." I smiled. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Yeah. We should. " Jake looked out the window, thinking.

We sat in silence for the rest of the ride. He put his arm around my shoulder and we just sat there.

"Are you two dating!" Shouted a voice from the seat in front of us. I looked up to see a little kid.

I looked at Jake. "No, we aren't, and if you wanna get outta here with no broken bones I suggest you move it!" Shouted Jake. I smiled. You gotta love the New York accent.

The kid frowned and slowly lowered his head out of our view.

"We ain't dating, right?" Jake looked at me with a confused face that made me smile.

"No, we ain't dating." I attempted at the accent and I'm pretty sure I failed. "Yet." I grinned at him and we continued to ride in silence.

We pulled into the school parking lot and I got off the bus with Jake by my side. "You should come meet my friends." I smiled and he followed me through the crowd, grabbing onto my hand so he wouldn't lose me.

"Hey Jaylen." My friends waved at me. Then they say I brought a guy. "Who's he?"

"Guys, this is Jake." I introduced him and he smiled at them.

"Hey. I'm Jake." He gave a little wave.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Asked one of the girls.

"No." I sighed. I turned to Jake. "How many people are gonna ask us that?"

"I'd say at least 5." He joked.

The bell rang and we headed towards the door.

"If your not dating him, I'll take him off your hands..." My friend laughed.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." I grinned and we went through the door.

"See you lasted." Jake waved as we went down separate hallways. I love his smile. It glitters with happiness. Like him.

Oh no. I think I have a crush on Jake Caylor.

--

This cannot be happening! I'm still having troubles getting over the three idiots that ruined my life and now I'm the idiot for starting to like another guy. Somehow I've managed to fall for another guy. That's the fourth one in the last two months. Ugh. There is something seriously wrong with me.

--

I sat down next to Jake on the bus ride home.

"Hey."

"How's it going?" He asked.

"Awesome actually."

"Good. Maybe I can make it even more awesome." He smiled.

"What? How?"

"How about you go out with me?"