My Friend Makes A Stupid Joke

I walked through the front door to my house. Total silence.

I frowned. Where's the craziness? The chaos?

My three younger sprinted up the stairs that lead from the basement, screaming at the top of their lungs.

There it is.

"Shut up!" I aburptly shouted at them.

Nothing.

"At least go back downstairs!" I flung my backpack at them.

"Fine." The three filed back downstairs and continued their chaos.

I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and pulled out my phone. I texted my friend Aly.

Jaylen: Hey Aly.

Immediately I got a reply.

Aly: What's up?

Jaylen: I got rejected by Ben today.

Aly: No!!!!

Jaylen: But I kind of still like him...

Aly: No. Just. No.

Jaylen: But I might like someone else too...

Aly: Who!!!!

Jaylen: I refuse to tell.

Aly: You HAVE to tell me!! I'm your best friend!

Jaylen: Fine. His name starts with a C and end with an ON.

Aly: Is it? No. It can't be. Carson Lilet??

Jaylen: ...

To avoid the awkward conversation that would surely come after I turned off my phone. I dropped it off the edge of my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

"What am I gonna do?" I frowned.

And what about that guy from this morning? Who was he?

I sighed. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

I tilted my head back and stared up at the white ceiling, trying to focus on something, anything, other than guys. I failed miserably.

--

I stood up from my bed, picked up my phone, pocketed it, and walked down the stairs, three faces swirling in my mind.

Josh Adams, Carson Lilet, and Ben Hock.

What do I do? What do I do?

I just sat down on the couch in the living room and turned on the tv. Some advertisement for some medicine that had more side effects than what it actually cured. I didn't even pay attention though. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I pulled it out.

Aly: you love Carson!!!!!

I quickly thought of something to say in reply that would dodge the subject. I thought of a moment or two and my mind finally settled on a stupid joke I'd seen some popular kid yell at his friend. I didn't find it funny but apparently all the popular kids find it hilarious.

Jaylen: *Looooooong Gasp* WHAT ARE THOOOOSE!!

I knew that lame joke would distract her for a while. I hoped it would, then I remembered she was my best friend. Of course it would.

Aly: YOUR MOM!!!!

Worked like a charm.

I didn't reply in fear that the conversation would go back to the guys. I can't think about them any longer or I think my head will explode and I wouldn't want that....

A/n: I just went through and started editing this. I just realized how weird younger me was... I mean, really? WHAT ARE THOOOSE! YOUR MOM! I was so weird... What am I saying, I still am...