My Crush Finds Out Where I Live

-Back To Present Day-

I sat down next to Carson and pulled out my notebook. I had been working to catch up on all of next week's homework, just to impress him. I held it up to Hadyn and said, just loud enough for Carson to hear, "Look what I did! I finished all of next week's homework in ONE day!" Sure enough I saw Carson look over at me out of the corner of his eye. I smiled and he smiled back. But her never said anything.

I've kinda gotten used to it. I think a guy likes me and then he turns around and never says another word. I learned the hard way that does NOT mean a guy likes you. In fact, it means the exact opposite. Just ask Ben.

The class went on as normal and we did no group work, which meant Carson wouldn't have a reason to talk to me. So he didn't.

I was walking down the hall after class when I hit a roadblock. What it was for, I didn't figure out until later, but at that point a just tried to shove through it to get to my next class but the wall of people watching something that I didn't really care about. Probably a fight or something. I'm sure it will be on YouTube, or if it's really bad, the news, later. I just walked around once the blob of people got a little smaller. I heard some shouts, some laughing, and then the crowd dispersed. Someone shoved into me, someone tripped the guy walking in front of me. Luckily, I somehow got to class on time.

--

That night I looked up the fight on YouTube and found nothing. No matter what I searched, there was nothing. I even looked on the news and reworded it twice, thinking I found something, finding nothing. I gave up and went downstairs to eat dinner.

Just as I was walking to the kitchen the doorbell rang. I went into the living room, near the front door, and peered out the window. Carson Lilet was standing outside with his hands behind his back, bouncing on his toes. I gasped. What is he doing here? I quickly opened the door and smiled.

"Thank God! I found the right house!" He sighed in relief and dropped something in my hand. It was my math notebook. "You left this on your desk."

"Thanks." I let him in and he stood there and smiled at me.

"Nice place."

"Thanks." I lead him up the stairs and showed him around.

Just as I was gonna offer him a snack, like the awkward hostess I am, he looked at his phone. "I gotta get going." He frowned.

"See ya later." I said as he walked out the front door to the car that was honking at him.

"Bye." He waved as he got in the car.

"Bye." I stood on the front steps and waved as his car drove off.

I walked in and shut the door. "Gosh, I am so awkward."